New Member Welcome Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun & take LOTS of ammo & targets! Congrats to you both for joining the Right-To-Carry crowd!

Thanks for having me. I've been reviewing the posts that appear on the igHome Gadget entry and have enjoyed it. I am retired from the Air Force aircraft maintenance field and only have minimal experience with handguns. My weapon of choice was the B-52, but I can not confirm or deny we had nuclear weapons on board. My physical abilities were hampered by a heart attack, so I have "armed" myself so I can still defend myself and my family. I'm a internet junkie and try to read and view articles and videos to learn the "trade". Now that the prices and availability has improved, I can spend some time at our local range. I only ask one thing from the members of this forum, don't feed me a bunch of BS..... ha ha. I want to do this endeavor correctly. Thanks for the great posts I've encountered so far, you are a great "family" to be associated with.
God Bless.

Get some good training. FrontSight in Nevada is one of the best. They also teach situational awareness and legalities as well as firearms handling. If you have a FrontSight ambassador in your area who runs their dry practice course, sign up at https://athometraining.frontsight.com I go to FrontSight once a year from Florida and it's well worth the trip.

Since you bought your wife a .380, a female instructor who knows how to manipulate a semi-auto without the sort of hand strength a man has would also be a plus.

Hello friends. I live in extreme Southeast Arkansas. Got my CCL four months ago and since then bought a Glock 27 and Ruger LCP. My wife's CCL ap is in the works so I bought her a Tarus .380 revolver and concealed carry purse for Christmas. Glad to find this forum. Going out to the range here in a few :)

Don't force your wife to use the concealed carry purse if she doesn't feel right with it. I bought several of them when I first got my CCL, but I never used any of them. For one thing, I'm bad about forgetting my purse just about everywhere. And for another thing, that's the first thing somebody's going to grab in case of a mugging and then they're going to have my purse AND my gun.

Yes Miss Peggy, my wife believes the same thing the first thing to be stolen from a lady is the purse so good-bye handgun. After a great deal of thought it makes sense to me.

Hi all,
Newbie from Oregon. Ex Military, SF (I know, everyone says they were - I was - 91B4S, 10th SFG). I open carried .357 while packing but just got CHL and XDm 9mm. Thinking about reloading.

Wise advice...concealment should be firmly attached to the body while being accessible under stress, to prevent inadvertent loss of the weapon. I have had partners leave a weapon in a restroom after using the facilities... Not a good situation. A fanny pack, inside-the-waistband holster, even a bra can be used if the weapon is small enough...empty-weapon practice will tell you where is best for an individual carry position.

A newbie here from Northeast Oklahoma. Don't carry very often (job doesn't permit it), but when I do it is usually Bersa Thunder 380 or Glock 40 Gen3.

1free, welcome! I have reloaded every caliber from .380, 9mm, .38 & .357 to .45 Auto, so I can safely say that if you are willing to invest the time & money into reloading, you can see an increase in the amount of practice you can afford. It has saved me enough money to pay for the investment in time and equipment, abd I don't worry so much about ammo shortages! Good luck with it, and study much about reloading before investing in it!

Hello, I am here from SC and have long wished to get involved with the firearms and CC, but little kids with Autism made me nervous of having a gun around them.
Now that they are older, hopefully I can follow this desire/passion and read and ask (probably too many) questions that this newbie has wondered about but could never find unbiased answers to.
Thanks all for your support and for Luke for this great site.

New to this forum, been reading and learning a lot, just wanted to say thanks to for the great info. I retired recently and getting started with a new profession. Shortly be attending Unarmed and Armed Guard classes in Az and will do same in Il. Hopefully all will pan out but either way its great to be back in firearms and back at the range. Thanks again to all.

Tommy44

Hi All. I joined a few years ago and I read all new comers to thread 2 and welcome all of you! I am from northern Minnesota where the weather as been below zero and I long for the warmer states. I've had my ccw for a couple of years now. I have a .38 Special but would like an Automatic but I have a bad left hand that makes it hard to load a magazine. I'm still looking for a good helper to load the mags with. I've used guns all my life and was in the army so I pretty much know safety, enough to know you can never be safe enough. I respect guns. I want you all to know that the 2nd Amendment is good where it stands. We don't need anymore bans added to it! This is getting to long so I will just say welcome again to all and I read you faithfully!!! Love to you all.

New here from IL (Yeah, I know...I know...). I carry, hunt, reload, shoot recreationally and competitively, and I am also a firearms instructor. I hope to network, build friendships and share with fellow shooters.

Hello all! Newbie from Northern California here! Not only am I new to USA Carry, but I'm also new to the world of firearms. I purchased my first, a .243 WIN Savage Axis XP, last spring. My husband on the other hand is an avid gun enthusiast and is teaching me how to use his handguns. Shooting has become a "date" activity for the two of us and we've integrated it into a family activity for our four children as well. I don't want to know EVERYTHING about guns, but I certainly want to know more. I'm most interested in finding a handgun that is more "woman friendly" and learning about Concealed Carry.

Howdy pardners. My name is Gene, I'm 60, and have been shooting since I was 6. I have reloaded for about 40 years now, mostly for pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back