New liability law

OldOwl

Once again, Coupe DeValle Patric in his infinite wisdom has brought us one step closer to total communism here in assachusetts. It seems the new law make home owners and business owners liable for slip and falls on the sidewalks in front of their buildings. Home owners have 5 hours to comply businesses 3 hours from what I heard. It doesn't matter if the snow fell from the sky, or was dumped there by a town or city bucket loader or plow. You can also be ticketed for non compliance. We used to scoff at Russia where the citizens, we were told had to shovel the streets. Seems we're just steps away from that.

I spent 4 1/2 hours snow blowing my driveway and front walk today. Another half hour shoveling the rear deck and path to the woodpile and shed. Then I did the neighbors driveway because her husband is in the hospital. I was just about done for the day when I decided to do the side street sidewalk and fire hydrant (I have a corner lot) which ate up another half hour at least. After sunset I heard a plow and engine which didn't sound normal and looked outside. Evidently the guy in the hospital called some knucklehead not knowing I'd already done his house, and the guy was destroying all the work I'd done, about 150 feet of sidewalk and fire plug access. I went out. We had some words. He mostly listened. I told him he'd damn well better have things in order before he left because if I get sued HE will get sued, and if I get a ticket.. well I can't say what I said I'd do with it.

Clearly this stupid law is going to feed the lawyers and courtroom help clogging up the already paralyzed justice system in the commonwealth. If this is the governors way of creating new jobs, I DON'T LIKE IT! :mad:

When was this law passed? Last night? What was the vote count in the legislature? Or can a governor just adopt laws in MA without the legislature?

It was passed in July but only NOW being brought to the attention of the public. It's the governors ultimate responsibility to protect the citizens of the commonwealth and can surely influence the majority whip. Very few in party buck the governor if they know what's good for them.

This is just one more burden stacked on the shoulders of honest hard working tax payers by a communist dictator creating more opportunity for the slouches on the dole to prosper by doing nothing.

The lazy bastids collecting disability should be reviewed EVERY year, and investigated, and along with those who are collecting unemployment for two years no longer looking for work should be picked up in a bus every morning and brought out to do civil service jobs and sit on jury duty so those of us towing the line can pay attention to our jobs while we continue to feed them. :mad:

The vote count is irrelevant there is a Democratic majority and governor.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back