New Jersey man sentenced for dozens of illegal gun sales

Link Removed

Only 70 months ... Federal prosecutors.

Federal prosecutors say Joshua Jackson, 36, of Willingboro, received a 70-month sentence on Tuesday. He had pleaded guilty in June 2015 to conspiracy, dealing firearms without a license and possession of firearms by a convicted felon.

"Only" 70 months?

From the article:

Authorities say Jackson bought most of the weapons at gun shows from unlicensed gun sellers who were not subject to background checks.

"Unlicensed gun sellers" huh? Otherwise known as private parties. Even if licensed as an FFL, I don't believe after the anal exam it takes to get an FFL that each individual sale is "subject to background checks" of the seller. Of course, this is New Jersey we're talking about, so who knows. Sounds to me though, like the blurb at the link is trying to make it sound like the private party sellers were somehow breaking the law. Unless the ex-felon buyer informed them of his status though, that would not be true. Private parties are under no legal obligation to do anal exams for the government, especially when it's not illegal for private parties to sell to anyone that they don't have "reason to believe" is prohibited due to age, mental health, drug use or felon status.

We should be able to buy and sell our own property from and to each other without a license. We should be able to buy and sell across state lines anytime we are so inclined. If convicted felons are too dangerous to live free out in society, they should not be paroled until they are deemed safe, at which time they should have the same rights as any other American.

Sounds to me like this guy got 70 years for violating laws that violate citizens' rights. As such, he got sent up for violating laws that should've never been allowed to exist. "Only" 70 months, or 70 years, this guy got screwed by tyrants.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back