"New jersey at it again" hope this is not a duplicate

I respect your opinion, but I can't agree. To me training and testing is just a way of ensuring the "militia is well regulated," not an infringement. An infringement would be if the government absolutely prevents something even with reasonable regulations. The 2008 and 2010 Supreme Court decisions on the Second Amendment agree that is the correct interpretation. The founding fathers assumed, rightly, that people then knew how and when to use firearms. These days it's obviously not the case. I'm all for gun rights, including concealed carry, but I don't want untrained, untested people doing it, any more than I want them driving cars, flying airplanes or performing brain surgery. The military and law enforcement demands training for carrying firearms and for good reason. Civilians should be subject to the same.
I am getting into this thread a little late and I am sorry if this has been covered as I have not read all the posts yet.
~
When you state; " To me training and testing is just a way of ensuring the "militia is well regulated" not an infringement. " I don't think that would put the right people in charge of regulating the militia. It is the citizens who are the militia not the government, federal, state or otherwise. It is the responsibility of the people to regain control of the government if it over steps it's responsibility and infringes on the rights of the citizens. That is what the founding father's intent was for our own protection.

This.

Less is more. As a PA LTCF holder, I was a little bit surprised at how easy it was to get my PA LTCF, but let's remember, there ARE requirements. It's not as if handguns are being handed out to whoever wants one down at the Sheriff's Office. How much is necessary? That can be debated, but the current law is pretty minimal...and THAT'S the current law. The case of the young woman who unknowingly carried a weapon into NJ is a little thing in the overall scheme of things; no real harm was done to anyone. Hopefully people will learn from this. It's the responsibility of the individual to know the rules, and to get whatever additional info may be necessary.
I'm fundamentally sympathetic to the plight of the woman in the article. It can be difficult figuring everything out for yourself....and she stepped on a land mine.

She was in thw habit of informing the police, in Philadelphia where she obtained her permit they now require permit holders to inform upon being detained or come in contact with leos.

Pa. is not a "must inform" state. Philly has no lawful duty to inform that I'm aware of. If you have information contrary to Pa. state law, please post it here.

I'm aware there was a document issued with some philly cc licenses that stated;

"IMPORTANT: When in contact with a law enforcement officer, follow all instructions given...You MUST inform the officer IMMEDIATELY, that you are armed and possess a valid permit to carry. Then follow the officer’s instructions explicitly."

Charles Ramsey, the Philadelphia Police Commissioner, seems to have included some "strong suggestions" on that document, but I don't see it as law.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back