New in Virginia

Doglover

Hey guys,

New user here from Virginia. I have a ccp and carry everyday. My EDC is a Taurus PT111 Millennium G2, a great little 12 + 1 double stack 9mm.

Just ignore cluznar. He really doesn't know what he is talking about, as evidenced by yet another post. This thread is by a new poster from Virginia who has a carry permit and says hello to this forum. Why is cluznar posting that Virginia do longer has non-resident carry permits? The OP is from Virginia and no-one asks about non-resident permits. Not only is cluznar's information false, it is irrelevant in the context of this thread. So why did he post it anyway? May be because he is regularly visiting this forum to leave his troll posts?

Just ignore cluznar. He really doesn't know what he is talking about, as evidenced by yet another post. This thread is by a new poster from Virginia who has a carry permit and says hello to this forum. Why is cluznar posting that Virginia do longer has non-resident carry permits? The OP is from Virginia and no-one asks about non-resident permits. Not only is cluznar's information false, it is irrelevant in the context of this thread. So why did he post it anyway? May be because he is regularly visiting this forum to leave his troll posts?

Good point. Welcome Doglover from another Virginia ccp holder.

I talked with VA state police about a month ago and they told me that my VA non-resident permit would no longer be any good in Ohio after Feb 1st. But now when I look online it says that has been extended to March 1st and that it may remain valid after that. So I gather that a non-resident VA license is good in Ohio till March 1st and then you have to check it online after March 1st to see if it remains valid. :dance3:

As far as I know, ALL of the reciprocity issues have been resolved, so it's back to normal.

Link Removed

As far as I know, ALL of the reciprocity issues have been resolved, so it's back to normal.

Link Removed

Yes and there is an entire discussion thread in this very sub forum on this very topic where cluznar posted the same nonsense. I still have no idea why this is being discussed in here instead of only in http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conc...ns-its-sanity-restores-ccw-reciprocity-2.html. Again, the OP is from Virginia and no-one asks about non-resident permits.

Here is info I just received in an email from VA State Police: As of March 1, 2016, Virginia and Ohio will no longer have concealed handgun permit reciprocity. Virginia nonresident concealed handgun permits are issued for the purpose of carrying a handgun in the Commonwealth of Virginia and will continue to be honored in Virginia. Whether or not it will be honored in Ohio is pursuant to the authorities of that State.

Here is info I just received in an email from VA State Police: As of March 1, 2016, Virginia and Ohio will no longer have concealed handgun permit reciprocity. Virginia nonresident concealed handgun permits are issued for the purpose of carrying a handgun in the Commonwealth of Virginia and will continue to be honored in Virginia. Whether or not it will be honored in Ohio is pursuant to the authorities of that State.

So what you posted before about VA not having non-resident ccp was hot garbage. Is that correct?

Not at all. VA. is discontinuing reciprocity for VA. non-resident permits. I just got off the phone with Ohio Attorney General's office. They told me that VA has sent them a letter stating reciprocity between VA. and Ohio will cease on March 1st. Therefore, unless VA. decides otherwise, after March 1st I will need an Ohio CCW permit or one from another state with reciprocity to Ohio. :pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back