New guy from Oklahoma

drummer34

Hello all. I am a new concealed carry permit holder from Oklahoma. I have had my permit for less then one year so i am looking forward to learning a lot here. First i apologize in advance if my topic has been discussed a hundred times. My carry weapon is .45 caliber Glock 30 4th generation compact. I have read many blogs and watched many videos on holsters. I currently have a blackhawk IWB soft holster. I have found this holster to be very easy to conceal my Glock. I have found that it's not so easy to re-holster when i practice my draw and dry fire. As far as reliability, and easy draw, what do some of you use if you carry IWB? Thanks

Alien Gear all the way!

I finally got my Alien Gear holsters about a week ago. I like them OK, but for comfort I still prefer my Sticky Holster. No, it's not real easy to re-holster, but I don't think the Alien Gear is much easier. That said, re-holstering is not a priority for me.

I carry a 29sf which is the exact same size and I use one made by this guy HERE for open carry. He set it up real nice with a retension strap that is thumb depressed like a cop carry rig. For CC I'll use a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Hello all. I am a new concealed carry permit holder from Oklahoma. I have had my permit for less then one year so i am looking forward to learning a lot here. First i apologize in advance if my topic has been discussed a hundred times. My carry weapon is .45 caliber Glock 30 4th generation compact. I have read many blogs and watched many videos on holsters. I currently have a blackhawk IWB soft holster. I have found this holster to be very easy to conceal my Glock. I have found that it's not so easy to re-holster when i practice my draw and dry fire. As far as reliability, and easy draw, what do some of you use if you carry IWB? Thanks

I use a kydex holster I made. Some holsters are best pulled out of the waistband, reholstered, then put the combo back in your waistband/pocket.

The only thing I want to add beyond holster selection, is draw fast then reholster slow.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Look at Looper Law Enforcement holsters. They are high quality and are made in the Oklahoma City area. The Loopers are great people. I will caution you to realize the way to make a holster really a stable platform is to put it on a reinforced gun belt. You can have the best holster in the world and hate it if your belt sags and stretches.

Look at Looper Law Enforcement holsters. They are high quality and are made in the Oklahoma City area. The Loopers are great people.

They make the FlashBang among many others. I have the one called the Betty which is the same as that one except it's made for IWB carry. Very nice, I love it and wore it a long time, but they are made for a specific gun and I don't carry that one much anymore.

MDT hit the nail on the head. A good gun belt will be the best investment no matter what holster you end up liking.. I know there are many great belt makers out there but over the years I go to Tucker Gun Leather ( Gun Belts ) Rob is great and his customer service is over and above.. His OWB holsters are also a work of art.. I bought a belt from him about 13 years ago and my new puppy thought she needed something to chew on and the tip of my belt was as good as any :mad: I emailed Rob a couple of pics of the damage as asked him if it could be fixed and how much. He called me and said it would be better just to order a new one and he would make it for 50% off.. Remember this was a 13yo belt I was not expecting that at all. :pleasantry:

Like others have indicated the belt is the key to the holster. I use a Crossbreed holster for IWB but most of the time I use a OWB with large shirt over it. With the proper belt it stays close to the body with minimum printing. I'm not much worry about printing in the places I travel normally. Those in northern Oklahoma are not to bothered with seeing a firearm

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back