Nevada carry laws SUCK

bigdaddysdaddy

Why is it, a conceal carry from Nevada will work in Texas, but, a Texas CCW won't work in Nevada?.

Same reason an Idaho permit is no good in several states including Nevada and yet Idaho honors all states permits.

"POLITICIANS":angry:

Nevada only honors permits that are similar to their own. 5 year validity, Live fire qualification and 24 hour permit validity check in your state are some of the things that are required. That is why Utah and Florida were recently dropped. If our politicians would ease up a bit then ours might be recognized in more states too.

Dropping Utah was a bummer for me. I was legal in Nevada for 7 months before that. Guess I'll have to go to Nevada and take their stupid left handed shooting test. Utah was convenient for us [both I and my girlfriend got the Utah permit to be legal in Nevada] because we can qualify for it here in Washington. Last time I checked one had to qualify for the NV permit in Nevada and had to go back to requalify for each renewal. Even Oregon isn't that anal.
:hang3:

Dropping Utah was a bummer for me. I was legal in Nevada for 7 months before that. Guess I'll have to go to Nevada and take their stupid left handed shooting test. Utah was convenient for us [both I and my girlfriend got the Utah permit to be legal in Nevada] because we can qualify for it here in Washington. Last time I checked one had to qualify for the NV permit in Nevada and had to go back to requalify for each renewal. Even Oregon isn't that anal.
:hang3:

Oregon was the easiest permit I've gotten :biggrin: The renewal was even easier, which is why I'll never let it expire (unlike my NV one once I move from this wretched town, I'd rather not come back except for vacation on the strip)

Nevada accepts 10

Nevada honors permits from 8 states.

According to the Nevada Dept. of Public Safety, Nevada accepts permits from these 10 states.
Alaska
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
Ohio
Tennessee
West Virginia

RE: Link Removed

Oregon was the easiest permit I've gotten :biggrin: The renewal was even easier, which is why I'll never let it expire (unlike my NV one once I move from this wretched town, I'd rather not come back except for vacation on the strip)

Wait until you try Washington. No class, no test... fill out the application, get fingerprinted, pay the fee and wait by the mail box.

Renewal is as easy as walking into the Sheriff's office and paying the fee.

Wait until you try Washington. No class, no test... fill out the application, get fingerprinted, pay the fee and wait by the mail box.

Renewal is as easy as walking into the Sheriff's office and paying the fee.

I cannot wait to move to Washington!!!

PA was the easiest. Fill out the form. Get 2 references to sign. Xerox your current Resident CCP and your Drivers License. Drop it all in the mail with a check for 26 bucks. Got mine back in 11 days exactly from the moment it went in the mail.

PA was the easiest. Fill out the form. Get 2 references to sign. Xerox your current Resident CCP and your Drivers License. Drop it all in the mail with a check for 26 bucks. Got mine back in 11 days exactly from the moment it went in the mail.

How many references does one need to speak freely? Or to avoid unreasonable search and seizure? It's pretty messed up when we need references, training, a license, etc to exercise our guaranteed right. Shouldn't we be able to exercise our right until our own actions disqualify us?

Butch

How many references does one need to speak freely? Or to avoid unreasonable search and seizure? It's pretty messed up when we need references, training, a license, etc to exercise our guaranteed right. Shouldn't we be able to exercise our right until our own actions disqualify us?

Butch

Roger that.

J

Yeah, PA was a cake-walk compared to Texas. $25 and fingerprints vs. a 2-day course, live fire test, written test, fingerprints (total course cost about $125) plus $140 application fee. Of course, my TX permit is good in 32 (I think) other states whereas PA doesn't have as much reciprocity. But of course, all of Texas's gun laws are moving in the right direction whereas all of PA's are moving in the wrong direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back