Neighbors to report other neighbors to the Authorities....Big Brother Tactics?

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~
Florida House and Senate budget leaders have awarded Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw $1 million for a new violence prevention unit aimed at preventing tragedies like those in Newtown, Conn., and Aurora, Colo., from occurring on his turf.

Bradshaw plans to use the extra $1 million to launch “prevention intervention” units featuring specially trained deputies, mental health professionals and caseworkers. The teams will respond to citizen phone calls to a 24-hour hotline with a knock on the door and a referral to services, if needed.

The goal will be avoiding crime — and making sure law enforcement knows about potential powder kegs before tragedies occur, Bradshaw said. But the earmark, which is a one-time-only funding provision, provoked a debate Monday among mental health advocates and providers about the balance between civil liberties, privacy and protecting the public.

Read More at: Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? You say you hate the government and your neighbor turns you in? I have more of a problem with someone who says they love the government; they're dangerous...or delusional. And I would also have a big problem with that neighbor. Sounds like a good way to get yourself hurt.

Seriously? You say you hate the government and your neighbor turns you in? I have more of a problem with someone who says they love the government; they're dangerous...or delusional. And I would also have a big problem with that neighbor. Sounds like a good way to get yourself hurt.

Don't say that too loud. Your neighbors might turn you in. :nono:

How much money will I get if I turn-in my neighbor for talking to the squirrels...when there are no squirrels there?

I also agree with the, "turn in your neighbor if they say they love the government".

The above types are truly a danger to America, given present atrocities. They are complicit, and culpable for the downfall of America. They are without moral compass, and are blind to the erosion of our country by blasphemous politics.

Yeah, I'm sure this is going to work out just fine. I'm sure no one would abuse this in anyway shape or form. The Sheriff is just looking out for his citizens, right?

“We want people to call us if the guy down the street says he hates the government, hates the mayor and he’s gonna shoot him,” Bradshaw said. “What does it hurt to have somebody knock on a door and ask, ‘Hey, is everything OK?’
”Maybe we should just come in and see."
"You don't have anything to hide, right?"
"What do you mean, NO?"
"We had a call about you. You better let us in, Comrade!"
"OK, boys! Break it down!"
Yeah, that's gonna work out just fine!
:nono:

After World War 2 many high level Nazis fled Germany to come to the United States in what was called "operation paperclip". Many received influential positions in the military industrial complex and at the pentagon. Markus Wolf, Head of the Stasi, was employed by the CIA in the 1990s. It was very common in Stasi East Germany for people to report on thier neighbor only to gain a reward or simply out of spite for the individual being reported on. I'm sure this would never happen here......

I have concerns about this.
There would be a record of a police call with your name on it as a suspect. Maybe that could then cause you to fail an NICS or not get a CC permit.

Will a neighbor's report be enough for probable cause or a warrant--it shouldn't--but how else will they gain entry? I expect the team is going to want to gain entry.

If the phone calls are coming in fast enough, how long till they burn through that million dollars, or the teams get overwhelmed with people to check on and just can't get to them all? What if they then miss someone truely dangerous? Will it have been an effective expenditure or just another expensive and failed plan for which the law abiding would be further penalized in some grand new scheme?

Florida House and Senate budget leaders have awarded Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw $1 million for a new violence prevention unit aimed at preventing tragedies like those in Newtown, Conn., and Aurora, Colo., from occurring on his turf.

Bradshaw plans to use the extra $1 million to launch “prevention intervention” units featuring specially trained deputies, mental health professionals and caseworkers. The teams will respond to citizen phone calls to a 24-hour hotline with a knock on the door and a referral to services, if needed.

The goal will be avoiding crime — and making sure law enforcement knows about potential powder kegs before tragedies occur, Bradshaw said. But the earmark, which is a one-time-only funding provision, provoked a debate Monday among mental health advocates and providers about the balance between civil liberties, privacy and protecting the public.

Read More at: Link Removed

Don't talk to others... walk down the street and sneer at them when they wave and smile. Turn your neighbor in before they have a chance to turn you in. Soon, you'll be the only one in the neighborhood and you can enjoy the peace and quiet.

Knocking on my door without due cause and a warrant is felony criminal trespass and you will be ask to leave peacefully once while I keep my weapon on you.

Bad Neighbors

What happens if you have a neighbor that hates everyone for one reason or another. Are the cops going to check every house that this neighbor calls on. People could end up dead. Then where does this lead to.

You watch the 4th amendment is next on the chopping block. And the liborats will have no problem with that because it will be for the better of all.? :warning2:

And people still pretend that Hitler's Germany isn't happening all over again here in the U.S.

Yes.. I know there will be someone along to ridicule me for comparing the rise of Obama and the fall of the United States of America with the rise of Hitler and the fall of Germany. I expect it because in order to fool the populace it is necessary to hide the truth behind a smokescreen of ridicule and insult... until it is too late.

A simple search on the rise of Hitler.. and the similarities of what happened then to what is happening now should give any thinking person pause for concern.

Or not... Heil Obama!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back