Neighbor opened my CPL

jgod4134

Hey guys,

I made this account because I'm very pissed off and I don't know exactly what to do. I was under the impression that owning a CPL meant not telling anyone or advertising that you carry. Well my mail was sent to the wrong apartment in my complex and the mail was "accidentally opened" so now my downstairs neighbor knows I have a CPL. I can play mind gymnastics and understand holding a stack of mail and indiscriminately opening it all to find out the one wasn't mine. But of all the pieces of mail it had to be my CPL with a big Sheriffs Dept. stick on it and my name and address. I want to make a big stink but I don't know where I should direct my blinding anger.

Anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences?

Get over it and go back to the issuing authority. Inform them what happened and write down details. If you feel wronged, retain an Atty. You failed to mentioned what City/State.
I would also add that if this upsets you about a clerical error, you might want to reconsider your carrying. Logical process of thought verse emotional response. NOT a plus 10 here.

Mistakes happen, now your neighbor knows. Not a big deal. Relax.

Yeah I'm gonna have to relax but it's just so lousy feeling considering how careful I am and how much I try to keep these things private to right off the bat have some stranger in my apartment knowing I carry.

Get over it and go back to the issuing authority. Inform them what happened and write down details. If you feel wronged, retain an Atty. You failed to mentioned what City/State.
I would also add that if this upsets you about a clerical error, you might want to reconsider your carrying. Logical process of thought verse emotional response. NOT a plus 10 here.

I will get over it. I just like keeping things like this to myself. I don't clean my guns where people can see I keep this stuff private. I don't feel like it was intentional or that I've been wronged by any one person. I'm in WA state. I really just came on here to vent. I'm not going to do anything stupid. I might complain to whoever delivers the mail here since I'm often given someone else's mail and I'm sure pieces of my mail have been delivered to the wrong apartment and they never returned it to me. So I'm happy they were honest enough to deliver my mail to me.

Well than, pick up the phone and jam up the Post Master that serves your area. Especially if this is an ongoing problem with delivery in your area. TAKE action or bend over. Apparently your taking enough action to Protect yourself, that's a great start. Move forward and start making people accountable. (And yes, I know USPS along with a myriad of other Federal peeps will never be held accountable.) Time for change my brother (sister) .

As Mappow indicated, let it go and move on. I don't OC but that is my choice but I do not try to hide the fact that I carry from my family and friends. Before I sold my house my neighbors knew I carried. There was a couple of them who rolled their eyes which told me that they were anti-gun people. (I suspected that from day one when I met them!) Unless you live in a crappy, crime ridden place just move on but if you live in such a place then you should move if you are that upset about it!

The US Mail does make mistakes. They have delivered mail to my house that did not belong to me. They do not do this on purpose.

As Mappow indicated, let it go and move on. I don't OC but that is my choice but I do not try to hide the fact that I carry from my family and friends. Before I sold my house my neighbors knew I carried. There was a couple of them who rolled their eyes which told me that they were anti-gun people. (I suspected that from day one when I met them!) Unless you live in a crappy, crime ridden place just move on but if you live in such a place then you should move if you are that upset about it!

The US Mail does make mistakes. They have delivered mail to my house that did not belong to me. They do not do this on purpose.

I will get over it. It's really just a lame mistake. I am in the process of filing a complaint so hopefully this kind of thing will happen less frequently.

I appreciate all the comments you guys have made. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid.

Are you paranoid or cautious? Does make a big difference. Good luck with the complaint. And again, great your taking your personal protection seriously. Would like to see/hear more that accepts their own responsibility.

Are you paranoid or cautious? Does make a big difference. Good luck with the complaint. And again, great your taking your personal protection seriously. Would like to see/hear more that accepts their own responsibility.

I just prefer being proactive to preserve my privacy. Some could see that as being paranoid but I prefer to blend in with the crowd rather than stand out. I'm a very easy going person and I don't want any unwanted attention. I don't debate gun ownership with anyone nor do I believe I could change their minds.

I just prefer being proactive to preserve my privacy. Some could see that as being paranoid but I prefer to blend in with the crowd rather than stand out. I'm a very easy going person and I don't want any unwanted attention. I don't debate gun ownership with anyone nor do I believe I could change their minds.

You have a cpl... And you think that information is private? It's a nice thought isn't it? The only way to remain completely private, is to tell nobody, including the government.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

You have a cpl... And you think that information is private? It's a nice thought isn't it? The only way to remain completely private, is to tell nobody, including the government.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

I realize that my privacy only goes so far. The State knows the Gov knows but my neighbors or strangers on the street do not. Those are really the only people I can keep secrets from.

I live in the northeast and the police department delivers the license to your door. He makes sure you live there and you are who you say you are. They will deliver 4 or 5 at a time, just driving around town.
I would get over it and move on. He knows you have a license, but he doesn't know you carry.

I live in the northeast and the police department delivers the license to your door. He makes sure you live there and you are who you say you are. They will deliver 4 or 5 at a time, just driving around town.
I would get over it and move on. He knows you have a license, but he doesn't know you carry.

In NC you make the application at the Sheriff's office. When you CHP is ready they call you and you go back to the Sheriff's office to pick it up. They do require proof of ID and compare ID with CHP for accuracy before they hand it to you.

Friggin strange thing about NC is that NO picture ID is on the permit. Actually looks kind of cheesy. But such is life in NC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back