Need New Carry Gun

Browndog

I just recently sent in my packet and I will be picking up a new gun for myself.

I am looking at a Sig P220 Carry Elite.

Any thoughts?

I am also open to a Kimber Ultra Carry or a Para PXD LDA compact as well.

Brown dog,

I Carry the PARA USA PXT LDA in.45Acp its also Available in 9mm I love this weapon its lite, compact, and has a real bark to it. I also Carry my Kimber CDPll in .45 ACP its also a great weapon the only reason I have the Kimber is that I won it in an Raffle through Safari Club. I couldn't afford to buy the Kimber @ $ 1,418.00 Compared to the Para@ $ 619.00 based on shooting both weapons with Remingtons HD Ultimate Home Defense 230 Gr. BJHP .45 ACP Ammo The Kimber had a tighter group @ 20 Yards than the Para, but we are only talking about .25in. So based on cost, and reliability I'd go with the Para. You will not be Dis-appointed.Hoped I helped.

Brown dog,
I'm sorry I dont know much about the SigP220 Except that it also is a fine weapon, I have the Sig P229 in .357 that actually belongs to my brother, but it is another great weapon I know the Sig P220 Retails for around $976.00 - $1,456.00 depending on what options you go with. Good Luck, Happy Shooting

I have Sig P220 45acp for the last 20 years or so. Love it, just haven't carried it much, as it is big and haven't found the right rig yet. Got a shoulder rig I like but, it's just too hot in S. Fl. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Thanks.

The gun shop gave me a price of $1000 for the Sig P220 Carry Elite Dark. It is a shortened version of the P220. Same grip size, just a shortened barrel plus adjustable night sights.

Slightly worried that the Para might be too small for my hand.

I am going to look at the Kimber and see how it fits my hand.

Semper Fi.

Yea, let us know how it works out. Your choices were truly damned if ya do damned if ya don't meaning whichever ya get is a top notch pistol but they each have their perks and you're going to be stuck loving your choice but always wondering. Just goes to show ya shoulda bought both! ;)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back