Need Help With Sights

bhmadsen

I've been out of the game for a while when it comes to shooting. Still carry on a regular basis, but I haven't had a chance to get to the range in a while. My brother bought a new Glock and wanted to go to the range today, so off we went.

Problem is, my age related eyesight reduction has left the plain sights on all of my guns basically useless! I was of course able to hit fairly decent, but it still doesn't help me with the fact that my accuracy is seriously suffering.

My Brother's new Glock came with sights that have white dots, and that helped alot, but I can't get any kind of vision on my old guns.

I talked with the gun shop we were at and the owner talked about new sights and laser grips, but those are both expensive options. I'm wondering about putting some kind of "homemade" dots on my current sights? Has this helped anyone else? The only guns I carry are a 1911 series 70 Colt Commander, and occasionaly a Colt Mustang.

Thanks,

Brent

I've been out of the game for a while when it comes to shooting. Still carry on a regular basis, but I haven't had a chance to get to the range in a while. My brother bought a new Glock and wanted to go to the range today, so off we went.

Problem is, my age related eyesight reduction has left the plain sights on all of my guns basically useless! I was of course able to hit fairly decent, but it still doesn't help me with the fact that my accuracy is seriously suffering.

My Brother's new Glock came with sights that have white dots, and that helped alot, but I can't get any kind of vision on my old guns.

I talked with the gun shop we were at and the owner talked about new sights and laser grips, but those are both expensive options. I'm wondering about putting some kind of "homemade" dots on my current sights? Has this helped anyone else? The only guns I carry are a 1911 series 70 Colt Commander, and occasionaly a Colt Mustang.

Thanks,

Brent
You can get all sorts of "paints" to color or enhance your sights. If you are handy with tools your can carefully drill to make recessed dots and fill them with white, or other colored paint, even reflective or glowing paints.
Brownells sells.

• Highly Visible Paint Improves Sight Contrast
Tough, flexible coating provides a highly visible contrast between sights and target. Provides more accurate shot placement, improves sight picture and focal concentration on front sight. Durable, won't harm firearms finish. Easy-to-apply Five Color Kit for use on rifle, pistol and handgun sights. Three color, Ghost Glow Kit contains a light activated, luminescent coating for use in reduced visibility situations.
p_100000243_1.jpg

BRIGHT SIGHTS : BRIGHTSIGHTS GUN SIGHT COATING - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

First of all Welcome to the site!

I have the same problem. Check out Nitesiters. They are adhesive dots that won't come off your sight. I have some on one of my Kel-tec's and really like them. The ones I have were some of the first they sold. After two or more years they are still on my sights. It looks like they have made a lot of improvements in their dots since I got mine. A lot of different colors and I see they now have Daysiters. Nitesiters Night Sights for Handguns !!!Better than Tritium!!!

Super Photo-Luminescent Handgun Night Sights

Transforms Your plain Sights into Night Sights!

Nitesiters are dots of Super-Bright Photo-Luminescent laminate that transform your regular handgun sights into very effective night sights. If you aren't thrilled with them, we'll cheerfully refund your money.

Nitesiters are up to five times as bright as tritium sights, are low cost and easy to install on your existing sights without a gunsmith. Nitesiters offer shooters a low cost alternative to expensive lasers and tritium night sights. For only $11.98, you can equip your handguns to be very effective in low light situations. Nitesiters are a real bargain for the confidence, security and service they can provide.

Thanks,

Brent

check this night sights from glow-on.com, is called super phosphorescent:
p1010150.jpg

They're easy to apply and for what you get is the most affordable system and the most efficient, plus you don't have change the original sight on your pistol, plus check this target acquisition power:
p1010146.jpg

another plus is you'll have enough Glow-on super phosphorescent to apply to your fishing lures so you can get a gigantic catfish when they come out of their holes in the night
p1000697.jpg

If you live near a Jo-Anne fabric store or any fabric store, there is a rubber base T-Shirt paint that I use. It comes in many colors like neon green, orange, bright white etc... The cost is about 2.99 a bottle and it works like a charm. If it get's dull or you just don't want it on anymore it comes off with a flick of your fingernail. The brand name is Scribbles 3D paint. Link Removed

Check these folks out.

Link Removed

I had them put a set of fast acquisition "Big Dot" sights on a Series 70 Commander. They aren't as precise as I'd like but the time for the first aimed shot is much shorter than before adding the sights.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back