Need Advice Folks

scoyote85

Hey Folks,
I have an older Glock 22 and I would like to spruce it up. Does anyone or has anyone coated a firearm to give it a personalized look? If so could you please supply some information on what to use?

Thanks
scoyote85

Duracoat or Cerakote are what you use to "paint" a firearm. Both are a ceramic-based coating that gives the firearm a heat and wear resistant coating in nearly any color you can imagine.
Duracoat has a DIY kit that runs about $35. It's almost impossible to mess up if you just follow the directions. There are youtube videos on the DIY kits, showing people doing it.

I have had it done to a Glock that my son-in-law bought used, as a Christmas present for him. I also had it engraved. (laser). If you want to PM me I will give you more information who did it. Let me know where you are located.
I had it done by a certified Cerakote Applicator. It came out great and the finish is very hard. Duracoat is more like latex. The ceramic finish of Cerakote requires time "baked".
I had the entire gun done, slide and frame. I would only go with Cerakote. BTW he was worth it...aren't you? You know who you are.

Glock store now offers gold color titanium nitride coating. It is superior to all paint coatings. Same coating used on drill bits

GUN CARRYING AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!!

I have had it done to a Glock that my son-in-law bought used, as a Christmas present for him. I also had it engraved. (laser). If you want to PM me I will give you more information who did it. Let me know where you are located.
I had it done by a certified Cerakote Applicator. It came out great and the finish is very hard. Duracoat is more like latex. The ceramic finish of Cerakote requires time "baked".
I had the entire gun done, slide and frame. I would only go with Cerakote. BTW he was worth it...aren't you? You know who you are.

Where's did you get that Duracoat is "like latex?" Duracoat is a ceramic based enamel exactly like Cerakote. It just cures with time instead of heat. I had an LC9 done up for my girlfriend, and aside from that fact that its ugly as piss because the gunsmith who applied it is a hack, it's durable as heck. I don't know any latex paint that requires sandblasting to get off.

I had a couple of knives done by the guys at uparmored.tripod.com. They wouldn't do guns because they aren't an FFL and couldn't do shipping directly to/from their shop. Not positive if that's still the same deal because they were losing out on thousands of orders three or four years ago when I had my knives done. Anyway, the possibilities are endless. This isn't my knife, but I had the same knife (Becker BK2) done exactly the same way:

BeckerDesertSkull-1.jpg

And I had my Zero Tolerance ZT301 without serrations done like this ZT350 with serrations:

img-20120205-00481.jpg

For the DIY'er, you can get stencils for lots of different designs. This is an eBay store that has a bunch of 'em in various skull patterns, but you can probably get anything you want from bunnies to religious symbols to hunting scenes to guitars or sheet music designs to standard camo patterns, whatever.

There's also Link Removed out there (that's just one of many sites that make and/or sell 'em). They're really cool looking, but not sure about their use on guns. I've seen reports of them dissolving with some solvents. Only around $100 per kit though, so it's a fairly cheap way to add bling to your bang (groan). Probably look over several reviews for specific brands to see what gun-guys are saying about their suitability for firearms.

Hope that helps.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back