Need a belt now that I have my CCW.

bud11

Saw a Bianchi belt on Amazon for a little under $30. Anyone know or use this one? Recommendations? Bud

I have a couple of opinions. :)

The first dedicated carry belt I bought (after years of wearing out cheaper belts) was a 1.75" leather belt from 5.11 Tactical. The belt has a plastic stiffener laminated between two layers of leather, which is really good for preventing sagging etc.

My only complaint was the sizing. When I tried their medium, I was at the very last hole on the belt. When I tried their large, I was at the second-from-first hole. Even though that was a lot of "leftover" belt up front I bought it anyway. But now that I've lost some weight...it doesn't fit. (I'm 5'9 and just over 200 lbs.) I might wear it again someday, but I'll have to take it to a leather shop and have them cut it to fit me. Interestingly, I notice that 5.11 has discontinued this line.

So after relegating the 5.11 belt to the "old holster drawer," I bought a 1.75" Rigger's Belt from Elite Survival Systems. Belt and buckle are rated for 7,000 lbs and emergency rappelling (you know, just in case - haha) BUT the good part is that the nylon doesn't stretch at all. So once you cinch it down in the morning, that's thwere it stays. It does a great job of holding up my pants, even when weighed down with a fully loaded M&P 45 and 2 spare magazines, and sometimes my cell phone too.

My only complaint is that the Riggers Belt looks WAY too tactical with the odd buckle, and those who are familiar with it may mark you as carrying, even though your firearm is completely concealed.

Bianchi Leather Belt

Saw a Bianchi belt on Amazon for a little under $30. Anyone know or use this one? Recommendations? Bud

Your link didn't work...but, there is a "Bianchi B26 Professional Belt" on Amazon that I think you may be referring to.

I have two of these, one in natural leather and the other in black for more formal wear.

They are excellent belts for CCW. I thread my Uncle Mike's Kydex holster through my 3 o'clock belt loop on the Bianchi and it's solid as a rock.

I highly recommend these fine belts. They will last you a long time and serve you well.

I bought a "GUN BELT" from "Wild Bills concealment" at a local gun show. It appears to be 2 layers of 8-9 ounce cow hide. It does not move, no sag, holds my Kimber in place! As a matter of fact, I also use "Wild Bill's" holsters. Good stuff!

I use a simple black belt that I bought years ago from the local uniform shop. I carry my Rugerr P345 IWB in a simple clip holster. Never had any compaints about it, works great.

A Filson bridle leather belt is impossible to wear out. The double bridle leather is even tougher but is too thick for the belt loop slots in some holsters.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

I bought a belt from him about two years ago, and after carrying almost everyday since I got it, it still looks brand new. They have multiple options available as far as styles and leather types. Make sure to read their page in reference to sizing, as it isn't the same as a belt bought off the rack. Wait time when I ordered mine was about a month, although they do have quick ship belts.

Best belt ever, Wilderness Freqent Flier Belt, 1.5" has a plastic center piece, the Instructor version. Very light, very stiff, lasts for ever!

I have a CR Speed double belt that I use for IPSC. This consists of two very stiff nylon belts, the inside one is run through the belt loops and the outside of it is covered with the softer half of velcro. It laps itself so there is no buckle and then you attach your holster to the outer half, which is smooth on the outside but has the stiffer half of the velcro and is wrapped around without going through the loops. For ccw I just use the outer layer. it is incredibly stiff and can handle the heaviest handguns with out rolling over. Again there is no buckle. A further benefit is that when you go to the airport or other places where they have metal detectors, it won't trigger them.

I bought a CompTac belt for Christmas, after using a cheapo, well-worn, single-layer leather belt. Nowadays I wear the CompTac even if I am not carrying. Not cheap, but a great belt.

Link Removed

Pay attention to the instructions for measuring. I will UNDERgrow my belt too soon due to weight loss.

I have a blackhawk carbon fiber belt. It looks good and is very stiff. I have had it for over a year and it looks almost brand new.

Link Removed

I will buy another one when (or if) I need a replacement.

I bought a CompTac belt for Christmas, after using a cheapo, well-worn, single-layer leather belt. Nowadays I wear the CompTac even if I am not carrying. Not cheap, but a great belt.

Link Removed

Pay attention to the instructions for measuring. I will UNDERgrow my belt too soon due to weight loss.

I recently started using a comp-tac belt and am very pleased with how easily it carries the a 3lb 1911.

+1 on the CompTac belt.. They are not cheap nut it has become my primary belt.. I wear it all the time

You will not be disappointed

Link Removed

I am not familiar with that one, but I use the CQC Belts from Blackhawk. They are about the same price.

Link Removed

I have a bunch of belts (to go along with a bunch of holsters) but most days ware a stiff web belt that goes well with the clothes that I wear to work every day. Currently I'm wearing a Bison Designs belt I got from REI

Here: Link Removed

If you're looking for a belt that doesn't scream 'tactical' or 'concealed carry' try one from The Beltman. I have 1.5" leather belt in black that I've worn every day for years and looks like new. The Beltman is very knowledgeable and explains everything you need to know to order the right size.

I've had a Kramer Leather horsehide gun belt that I've used continuously for just over 20 years. It shows hardly any wear on it, is still rigid (shows NO sag in belt at belt loop areas) and I would not hesitate to purchase another should the need arise.... it goes today for $140...
Link Removed ... when you decide to buy, make it a good one and it'll probably last your lifetime, and probably have another lifetime left in it..

Bianchi B26

Bianchi B26 is a favorite of mine for concealed carry and open carry on the range. With fairly regular use the tan lasted me about 4 years. At first it needed a bit of break-in...Then it showed a great slightly elastic feel that makes pancake holsters snug beautifully. This leather stretch makes carry more comfortable and the snuggness adds to draw confidence. This belt eventually has started to harden as the leather aged and has less of this perfect property.

I am now breaking in a B26 in black and will get another in Tan.

I have two Blackhawk gunbelts that are a good study: One is the instructors black with stiff reinforcement and the other is the beige without reinforcement. The rappelling buckle, to me is normal, as I volunteer in the fire service and it is all one sees. The velcro closures are secure and permit optimal cinch. The black doesn't fit some holsters due to thickness of stiffener. Both are 2". Breaking in the black will take a long while but I am sure it will suit. The Beige works very well now and is tougher than the B26 but not as wonderful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back