NC accidental printing and/or exposure Laws

Grognard Gunny

I'm a bit curious (due to postings on another thread) as to the ins and outs of "Reality" situations of accidental printing and exposure while CC.

I think I would like not only what the LAW says, but incident reports along the lines of "it happened to me!" also.

I know I shouldn't be, but I always side on the path of least hassle with my daily affairs when carrying.

GG

I agree with you 100% I had to ask the other day was printing was I kind of had an idea, but wasn't 100% After I was advised as to the meaning I checked my State Laws. You can be charged with Menacing,Brandishing if your weapon is not properly Concealed. They did leave it open ended by stating it would be up to the LEO at point of contact It would depend on where you are, what you are doing. I fully believe Completely out of sight, out of mind.best to always side.on the side of caution. Take extra care to properly make sure your weapon is properly secured, and concealed.

I've never had any problems when I print. You can open carry in most of NC, so I don't see where printing would cause a legal problem, except in the few areas you cannot open carry. The only problem I see would be frightening the "sheep". I try to be careful, I fluff my shirt to help hide it. I usually wear a crossbreed supertuck with a PF-9. When I am traveling in my car I untuck my shirt and re-tuck behind the holster, basically switching to open carry. I switch back to conceal when I leave the car. Ive looked and I cannot find that NC has a law criminalizing printing like FL had (FL law was just changed).

I must have missed that, but it sounded like the "going to the terror of the public", but that doesn't apply to a holstered firearm. To display the firearm in a menacing manner, to me, would be waving the gun around in hand, out of the holster. There is also a ruling that a holstered firearm is not "going to the terror of the public".

All that is true except New York State where I reside. Very strict here, In relations too Gun Laws, Especially Open Carry which is a, no,no. Printing also, will get you in Hot Water

I agree with you 100% I had to ask the other day was printing was I kind of had an idea, but wasn't 100% After I was advised as to the meaning I checked my State Laws. You can be charged with Menacing,Brandishing if your weapon is not properly Concealed. They did leave it open ended by stating it would be up to the LEO at point of contact It would depend on where you are, what you are doing. I fully believe Completely out of sight, out of mind.best to always side.on the side of caution. Take extra care to properly make sure your weapon is properly secured, and concealed.
It's kind of like telling a girl, her slip is showing.LOL

I think it is just another tool that LEO's can use if you have been detained for some more serious crime. ( add to your list of charges) Best advice is don't be guilty of more serious charges. :biggrin: If you are minding your buisness grocery shopping and your shirt folds slightly between your chest and the gun butt, I don't think LEO would do anything. Most others wouldn't even notice.

One note, if you weight 300lbs, dont wear a size small shirt. you'll print like crazy

I live in NC and this is an open carry friendly state. I have a CHP but open carry 99% of the time. Printing is NOT an issue here because of OC. I have NEVER had any LEOs ask anything. Most sheeple I think just assume I'm a LEO, If asked I just tell them I'm just taking personal responsibility my and my families security.

Not too sure why ppl from other states are talking about their state laws on this when the question seems to ask only about NC.... But anyway, here in NC there are no laws about printing because you can OC without a permit, so if you are CC'ing and accidentally print you can just claim you are OC'ing. Cary is the only city in NC that has an all out ban on OC. just dont go there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back