National CCW

wdalew5

Will trump make this possible? A federal CCW that overrides the state CCW. We should be able to CCW in all states with one card..

Somebody shared an article on Facebook about what Trump's plan is when it came to the second amendment. That was kinda my reaction as well. Sure would be nice to not have to worry about staying on top of and remembering which states have which laws against carrying. Not having to worry about reciprocity between states. Hopefully it's not just wishful thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not this BS again. There are already two long running threads on this topic here: Nationwide Reciprocity and Bill Would Let Legal Gun Owners Carry Weapons Around Country. Please continue this idiocy there.

That first thread you linked hasn't had a response since the end of September and that other one hasn't been dusted off since early last year. Why do you continually and relentlessly have issues with members starting new topics?

That first thread you linked hasn't had a response since the end of September and that other one hasn't been dusted off since 2015. Why do you continually and relentlessly have issues with members starting new topics?

The last post on the first thread was September 24. That's 47 days ago. Are you suggesting that one should start a new thread less than two months after the last response in a thread on exactly the same topic? Why repeat the same discussion over and over again? Should I copy my posts from the old thread to the new thread, thus just making the new thread having the same content as the old thread? That's lunacy.

You are off topic with a nonsensical reply. Stop trolling.

The last post on the first thread was September 24. That's 47 days ago.

Gee, you make a month and a half ago sound like it was just yesterday...lol.

Funny how to didn't defend the other thread you linked that's been almost a year since anyone has posted to it.

Are you suggesting that one should start a new thread less than two months after the last response in a thread on exactly the same topic?
Actually I'm not suggesting anything like that like you foolishly assume I am.

Why repeat the same discussion over and over again?
Why not? Why do you have such a problem with it? Does it really bother you that much to the extent that you fee you have to come in each thread pointing your stick at everybody who posts a new topic that just might have a little bit of resemblance to an older thread? Are you really worried that the whole entire forum might quit working someday from too many threads? I just don't understand your constant nit picking about about this. If a thread bothers you that bad then scroll over it.
Should I copy my posts from the old thread to the new thread, thus just making the new thread having the same content as the old thread?
Nobody's telling you to repost anything. If you don't want to repeat yourself just leave it be. That in my opinion would be better than whining about it.
That's lunacy.
Lol, only if one chooses to view it that way.

You are off topic with a nonsensical reply. Stop trolling.

No, you are off topic by splitting hairs.

The quote below is trolling.
Not this BS again. There are already two long running threads on this topic here: Nationwide Reciprocity and Bill Would Let Legal Gun Owners Carry Weapons Around Country. Please continue this idiocy there.

Another thing you may or may not care about.... I'm guessing no..... is that most members go off what's in the the active topics section. I don't search every forum for everything. If it's an old topic that hasn't been discussed in a while I'm gonna assume it doesn't exist. If I make a new post, everybody is welcome to post to it. If they have "repost issues" then they can feel free not to post.

Why repeat the same discussion over and over again?
Why not? Why do you have such a problem with it?

Bofh may have different reasons than I do, but here's mine nonetheless: In the Nationwide Reciprocity thread, many hours of research have gone into creating hundreds of posts trying to suss out the pros and cons of this issue. I for one, have both participated heavily in the research and in the creation of posts disseminating that research. Yeah, there's also some real crap in there, which there will be here too if another thread gets traction around the exact same issue. It is not a subject without controversy and strongly-worded opinions. The earliest part of the Nationwide Reciprocity thread was probably the most informative, but there's gems of good information spread throughout the thread too. Most people who participated in that old thread, and are inclined to try to give an intelligent response to this new thread, will go to that old thread and copy and paste from it here. Every conceivable position on the subject has been staked out there. There's no reason anyone should have to do the research again, or go to another thread to copy from it and paste in here to try to answer the OP's question(s). For me, that's the extent of it.

To the OP of this thread: If you go to the Nationwide Reciprocity thread and post your question(s) at the end of it, it will rise to the top of the Politics & News sub-forum, and if folks want to reengage the subject, they will see that it's a newcomer who posted last and perhaps have a conversation with you about it. Alternatively, just reading that thread will provide answers to how folks around here think about the subject. You most likely will find that all the information you need is already there.

I personally don't feel the need to scold or lecture anyone about posting threads on subjects that have been covered at length already, but I do understand why it's frustrating for long-time regulars who wish there was more continuity and on-topic banter around here than there usually is. Nobody needs to argue about that non-issue. People are different and approach things from different perspectives. It ain't no thang.

Blues

. . .

PS: Also CCW is an acronym that usually stands for concealed carry weapon. The term permit does not appear in that acronym.
Yep. On my card it's called a CWP--Concealed Weapons Permit.

Just my personal preference but I would rather update an older thread than to create a new one of the same topic. Why re-invent the wheel? Sometimes the older threads contain background information, references, context or answers to questions that come up in the newer thread. It also makes topic searches easier if a bunch of different threads don't pop up on one topic.

Merging/Necro'ing threads is not this thread's topic. Please contact a Mod regarding such.

This thread is about Trump establishing national reciprocity for carry permits.

Such is in good keeping with the 2nd Amendment as most able-bodied adults are default members of the militia. It would be wise of Trump to establish a Federal voucher program to help all adults, save Prohibited Persons, to buy a modern assult rifle, store it securly, and train. Personal self defense being a biproduct of the 2nd Amendment, OC of said assult rifle, and/or personal sidearm, and/or melee weapon should be as protected a right as freedom of speech and religion.

Merging/Necro'ing threads is not this thread's topic. Please contact a Mod regarding such.

This thread is about Trump establishing national reciprocity for carry permits.
Yet, I'm the one who was accused of trolling and making a "nonsensical" post.... funny how that works.

Such is in good keeping with the 2nd Amendment as most able-bodied adults are default members of the militia. It would be wise of Trump to establish a Federal voucher program to help all adults, save Prohibited Persons, to buy a modern assult rifle, store it securly, and train. Personal self defense being a biproduct of the 2nd Amendment, OC of said assult rifle, and/or personal sidearm, and/or melee weapon should be as protected a right as freedom of speech and religion.

Anyway, moving on, I sure hope so. But I dunno, there was such an uproar when the Obama clan legalized gay marriage, I wonder what's gonna happen with all these gun-hatin' states.

National concealed carry reciprocity will end up with the most restrictive States complaining that the most lenient States haven't passed their requirements. When that happens the most restrictive States will ask Daddy Fed to step in and be the arbitrator of what exactly are the conditions, requirements, and fees for a national carry permit.

Do you really want Daddy Fed to have that power over carry permits? What Daddy Fed gives today Daddy Fed can take away during the next Presidential cycle.

Not only that but not everyone travels out of State so why should everyone be subject to new regulations the regulations sure to come about to make all States carry permit requirements the same when those who do travel out of their State can pony up their own money and time to get non resident permits from the States they visit without causing any extra crap for those who don't travel out of State.

National concealed carry reciprocity will end up with the most restrictive States complaining that the most lenient States haven't passed their requirements. When that happens the most restrictive States will ask Daddy Fed to step in and be the arbitrator of what exactly are the conditions, requirements, and fees for a national carry permit.

Do you really want Daddy Fed to have that power over carry permits? What Daddy Fed gives today Daddy Fed can take away during the next Presidential cycle.

Not only that but not everyone travels out of State so why should everyone be subject to new regulations the regulations sure to come about to make all States carry permit requirements the same when those who do travel out of their State can pony up their own money and time to get non resident permits from the States they visit without causing any extra crap for those who don't travel out of State.
Well, many states do not issue non-resident permits at all, nor honor other state's resident permits. New York and California, for example.

That's the problem.

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

Well, many states do not issue non-resident permits at all, nor honor other state's resident permits. New York and California, for example.

That's the problem.
Are you suggesting that the entire country, all of the folks who have carry permits, should be saddled with increased regulations, conditions, requirements, and fees so that those relatively few folks who visit the few States that do not issue non-resident permits will have the convenience of carrying into those States?

Let me say it like it really is. National concealed carry reciprocity has nothing to do with the right to bear arms if you need a permit then it isn't a right but is a privilege granted by the government and has everything to do with a small portion of concealed carriers wanting the convenience of being able to travel from State to State without having to pay for, and qualify for, non resident carry permits without regard for how much increased regulation, restriction, and control Daddy Fed will impose on the entire concealed carry population.

Are you suggesting that the entire country, all of the folks who have carry permits, should be saddled with increased regulations, conditions, requirements, and fees so that those relatively few folks who visit the few States that do not issue non-resident permits will have the convenience of carrying into those States?
No.

I'm saying just have the federal permit.

OR

Have a Federal standard all states permits then follow, thus making any permit from any state valid in all other states.

OR

Pass national Constitutional Carry and no one needs any permit at all.

We now (or soon) the Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches of the US Government all in Republican majority. There is no reason that the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act can not be passed in the next year.

The quote below is trolling.

How so? You have not contributed anything to this thread yet.

The exact same idiocy that went on in the other threads has continued in this thread. Realistically, a national carry permit or nation-wide carry reciprocity won't happen. Not only are both unconstitutional, very pro-gun and very anti-gun states will oppose it.

Imagine we already had a national carry permit or nation-wide carry reciprocity law. Now imagine Hillary Clinton won on Tuesday. By executive order, Hillary Clinton would attach may issue restrictions, carry firearm, magazine and ammunition restrictions, medical exams, and, most importantly, a secret federal no-carry list to such law. Now what?

A national carry permit or nation-wide carry reciprocity law is big government gun control, plain and simple.

We now (or soon) the Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches of the US Government all in Republican majority. There is no reason that the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act can not be passed in the next year.

Under what Constitutional authority?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playmatka
Back