My Wife Traded in a Taurus TCP 380 for a Ruger LCP w/ Crimson Trace Laser

gkeil961

Well I took my wife to look for another firearm for her, she had a Taurus TCP 380, and we traded it at the gun shop for a Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace Laser. She absolutely loves this weapon says it feels much better in her hand and she is also digging the laser, I myself am not a fan of the laser but hey whatever makes her happy is good with me, and of it helps her better with practicing at the range, I'm all for it!!

Anyone have a Ruger LCP and of you could lend some insight in this

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know much about the pistol, but a lot of folks are buying them.
Like you said, what ever makes her happy! ;-)

After 25 years of bliss.... I have found that when I can make Momma happy, the world is a much happier place. :tongue:

My wife loves her lcp, i like mine too. I do recommend plenty of practice, it has a really long trigger that is hard for some to get used too. My wife learned she can carry it in other ways because of its size. She now carries iwb and loves it over her ankle rig. so start over in all your thought of ccw and try new things with it.

I carry the LCP with the laser during the summer. It's light and easy to conceal. It's a bit snappy because of its size but practice will help you get used to it. I carry Hornady Critical Defense rounds in it and it's flawless. Great buy.

nice little shooter with a long trigger pull and double action only. Ruger sells tons of them due to the ability to conceal, weight, and reliability.

I love my little Lcp small enough for pocket when I want to conceal it... Big enough for someone to notice when I open carry ... It's a win win... Plus perfect size for self defense ... One handed n small ...

Do yourself and her a favor and get the Wolff spring kit. Because when she complains about the recoil, and she will, you can solve that problem. I suggest the three spring kit. You get 11#-13#. Then use the heaviest spring that she can still rack the slide with. Also look into the hogue grip. People seem to like that too. Fairly inexpensive upgrades ($35) that will make a big difference.

I own an LCP and LOVE it. It's great to stuff in your pocket (with a holster, of course) when taking out the trash. It's also a nice BUG. The only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't hold open after the last round; that really annoys me. When I shot a buddy's Taurus TCP, it felt like it had much more recoil than the LCP.

After 25 years of bliss.... I have found that when I can make Momma happy, the world is a much happier place. :tongue:[/QUOTE]

My favorite is, "Happy wife, happy life"

Good call on the trade and getting the laser with it. I have shot mine for close to 100 rounds, and it is harder to shoot accurately than my XD or G27. I think it's caused by the long trigger pull, but that long pull is good to have on a carry gun. A laser may help you stay on target. I am probably going to add it to mine soon.

Also a good thing you went ahead and traded it now since Ruger had to stop taking new orders because of the back log of orders that they have now.

Going from a Taurus to a Ruger (or just about anything else for that matter) is a step up in self defense. Wise decision by you and your wife.

My husband just bought me one, as I was looking at the Taurus TCP 380, and the Ruger LCP, and S&W Bodyguard...I chose the Ruger LCP because of the laser and the way it fit in my hand. It is lighter to carry than my S&W M&P 9mm on a daily basis. I hope your wife enjoys her pistol...(I just got mine on monday)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back