My Mother, the doctor and the obamacare required question

LDaniel

My mother was asked by her doctor if she owned a firearm. She yelled at him and asked what does this have to do with her medical care. He said it was req. by Obamacare. She said yes she does but it is none of their business. I told her her only answer should of been it was none of their business.

I told my mother that when he (same doctor) asks me, I am going to say "I refuse to answer that question" He knows I was a reserve deputy but I am not sure he can assume I do and put it down on the form.

Has anyone else faced this yet?

My mother was asked by her doctor if she owned a firearm. She yelled at him and asked what does this have to do with her medical care. He said it was req. by Obamacare. She said yes she does but it is none of their business. I told her her only answer should of been it was none of their business.

I told my mother that when he (same doctor) asks me, I am going to say "I refuse to answer that question" He knows I was a reserve deputy but I am not sure he can assume I do and put it down on the form.

That question and its reporting is prohibited by Sen. Reids (D-NV) 'poison pill' amendment to the bill, citations omitted, but see Obama Care threads for discusion.

The proper response is "That question is illegal under the same act you are citing." then refuse further conversation on that subject.

I ask if their spouse gives them oral sex, since that question has the same applicability to my visit to the doctor.

I would never answer yes to the question if I have firearms. At my age, 73 I guess I could say I don't remember.

I would never answer yes to the question if I have firearms. At my age, 73 I guess I could say I don't remember.

I say it works at any age. For all they know a bird flew into my head, walking from the car to office and gave me retrograde amnesia. I'm paying you to treat a condition, not for small talk about what I do on my personal time.

The answer to that question is always no but personally I have never been asked. Last time I checked there was no law against lying to your doctor.

Happens regularly at the VA clinics.

Unfortunately that is part of the VA's PTSD, depression & suicide screening hat is always ongoing regardless of era. The best way to end that particular template is to ask "Why?" to all explanations offered eventually they get tired and move on, or just say "Nope, got none."

Not sure if I posted this on this forum, or another, but a good reply is, "I don't know"

Based on the commonly accepted definition of quantum physics, as exemplified by the tale of Schroedinger's cat, there may or may not be firearms at your home. You can't know unless you are there to observe their existence or lack thereof.

My doctor is scheduled to take my carry class. I guess he might suspect I own firearms. I know he does. I doubt he will ever ask that question.

Thankfully I will not have to answer that question as my Dr. is a gun guy himself and has asked me not to disarm when coming to his office for a checkup as he is always interested in what I might be carrying. His RN is also a gun girl so we have lots to discuss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back