My mom sent this to me

sargedog

KEEP YOUR CAR DOORS LOCKED!

Over the weekend I drove up to Food City in Piney Flats parking lot. I received a phone call, so my plan was to sit in my car until the conversation was over. In the meantime, a large, white, old, and beat up type Buick car pulls in the parking spot directly beside me (clearly it had been wrecked). As my conversation continued [maybe seconds], I noticed the car pull up and cross over the two spots in front of me (at that point it would have been very hard for me to have been able to pull forward and get away in a hurry). Then a very thin, short man gets out of the car, wearing a white T-shirt, and walks around to the passenger side of my car. I have no idea who he was. If memory serves me correctly, he then walked behind my car, and then back to his car, etc. I believe he also walked around the car that was parked on the other side of me. It looked like he had lost something out of his bag- I wasn’t sure, but I had decided to pull away if he continued. Several seconds go by and before I realized it, that same man was standing right at my driver side front window, and he interrupted my conversation to yell through the window ( requesting that I get out of my car and into their car because they needed to talk to me). I looked over where he was pointing, and they had the door wide open for me to get in. I start yelling and shaking my head, “No, no, no”. I start my car—he stands there for a while, and then walks toward their car, back to mine, hurries and gets in their car, and they drive away. This was in daylight. I gave a report at police dept., and they are going to, hopefully, view the Food City video tape to get a tag number of the runaway car for investigation.

After future conversations with Police, I learned that this type thing has been going on in the malls and other public store parking lots here in the Tri-Cities.

I had previously heard that there had been reports of a man approaching women from the rear, grabbing their purses off their shoulders and out of their hands, and making a run for it in the runaway car (several occurrences in Johnson City alone).

It also happened at the Wal-Mart in Elizabethton to a City School teacher! She was waiting in the car on her husband to return.

I just want everyone to be aware because this happened in daylight in a well congested area, very close to store entrance.

This was the Food City I shopped at until I recently moved. If this happened to me I guess this person would have been the latest person to see my OSS .45. I hope they catch them soon. Maybe this guy wasn't threatened to the point that he needed a gun to kidnap this women. Are these thugs not listening to the news and reading the stories that there are more people carrying guns more than ever now?

Does your Mom carry? If that happened to me, God only knows what I will do next. Since my knee operation I usually sit in the car when I go out with my husband to do some errands just to get out of the house. I am OK now and I can drive around but if I am going to sit in the car for a while I usually lock all my doors even if my dog is behind me at the back.

Thanks for the post. I will remember this when we are in Tennessee or anywhere actually...

Are these thugs not listening to the news and reading the stories that there are more people carrying guns more than ever now?
The answer is no, they're not. Sad part is that the vast majority of the population doesn't know it either.

They should have no problem getting a tag number if this happened anywhere close to the front of the store, Food City uses 3 megapixel cameras on the parking lot that are more than capable of zooming in on a license plate

Wow, another take on an OLD scare story. There are so many versions of this story out it is sickening. I get a new version weekly in my email from somebody that I know, and they are all disturbingly similar.

#1: Had I been talking on the phone and this happened, I would have related the plate # to whomever I was talking to.
#2: Your Mother should not have allowed the stranger to linger w/o making an effort to take a pic with the phone she obviously had in her hand.
#3: The stranger did not physically or verbally attack-only "suggested" she get into his car. Regardless, this is not something that is normally acceptable.

Wow, another take on an OLD scare story. There are so many versions of this story out it is sickening. I get a new version weekly in my email from somebody that I know, and they are all disturbingly similar.
The problem with this one, if you may call it that...even if you have heard it many times before and in many versions stated before, it is a real true-to-life-experience that actually happened to the OP's Mom. Why can't you accept it as that? Do you think it will NOT happen? DIDN'T happen? I do not think the OP is as callous as me to accept things emailed to him to sensationalize himself and the incident. Please back off and read the story again. It is a different version of what you already heard before because it happened. OK?

Cheers.

Sargedog,

Was this an actual event that happened to your mother, or was this something she had forwarded to you by someone else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back