My letter to Mayor Bloomberg

Phillip Gain

One letter won't do much. But I hope some of you gun-totin' New Yorkers out there (and ANYONE ELSE for that matter) will write similar letters.

The email contact link for the Mayor's office is:
Link Removed

Dear Mayor Bloomberg,

I am writing on behalf of Meredith Graves and Ryan Jerome.Im sure you already know who they are. But just in case you dont: Both these people are out-of-state visitors who erroneously believed their handgun permits were valid in NY. Both were arrested in recent days when they unwittingly asked about where to check their guns before visiting a city landmark.

Were their actions legal? No.

However, the spirit of gun laws is NOT to incarcerate law-abiding people who are simply trying to defend themselves and exercise a right recognized by the 2nd Amendment of the US constitution.I call upon your office to spearhead a movement to revise or strike these unconstitutional gotcha gun laws from the books, and to instead focus your resources on catching REAL criminals. I imagine the taxpayers of NY would appreciate that.

bci you are telling the truth. maybe if gov. cuomo gets his act together sopme of the gun laws will be changed.

Armyguy 64:

That is pure wishful thinking. Gov Cuomo was one of the ardent anti gunners in the Clinton administration. He is not inclined to change his stripes.

I know that one letter won't make a difference. But if 1000 substantially identical letters arrive...or 10,000...or maybe even 100,000...they might get the message.

I had to try.

I disagree. You can send a letter from every resident of NYS to Bloomy and he still won't care. It's Napoleonic Syndrome backed by $4 Billion of arrogance at its best. He doesn't care about anything or anyone but himself. Such an angry little man.

BIGJOHN621:

I know what you mean, but to clarify to some who may not, by "little" you are not referring to his physical stature.

who are simply trying to defend themselves and exercise a right recognized by the 2nd Amendment of the US constitution.

Good letter except for the overstatement about the 2nd, which will probably cause one of Bloombetg's staff members to put it in the "another gunut" file.

Overstating a case never helps. If they had a 2nd amendment right to carry their weapons in New York they wouldn't need any help from Bloomberg. Unfortunately, they don't.

What we need are reciprocity agreements with other states that have similar permit criteria. but that has to come from the state level.

One letter won't do much. But I hope some of you gun-totin' New Yorkers out there (and ANYONE ELSE for that matter) will write similar letters.

The email contact link for the Mayor's office is:
Link Removed

Dear Mayor Bloomberg,

I am writing on behalf of Meredith Graves and Ryan Jerome.Im sure you already know who they are. But just in case you dont: Both these people are out-of-state visitors who erroneously believed their handgun permits were valid in NY. Both were arrested in recent days when they unwittingly asked about where to check their guns before visiting a city landmark.

Were their actions legal? No.

However, the spirit of gun laws is NOT to incarcerate law-abiding people who are simply trying to defend themselves and exercise a right recognized by the 2nd Amendment of the US constitution.I call upon your office to spearhead a movement to revise or strike these unconstitutional gotcha gun laws from the books, and to instead focus your resources on catching REAL criminals. I imagine the taxpayers of NY would appreciate that.
I would ask Mike to create a system for out of state residents wishing to obtain a NYC license good for one year at a reasonable fee. This is the only way he could understand. It comes down to making money. It could be a very lucrative venture.

I disagree. You can send a letter from every resident of NYS to Bloomy and he still won't care. It's Napoleonic Syndrome backed by $4 Billion of arrogance at its best. He doesn't care about anything or anyone but himself. Such an angry little man.

I completely agree. This guy needs to be thrown out of office, before he breaks the law again and serves a fourth term.

Very naive. He is trying to outlaw guns Nationally. He's just accomplished this in NYC first.

I know that one letter won't make a difference. But if 1000 substantially identical letters arrive...or 10,000...or maybe even 100,000...they might get the message.

I had to try.

I applaud your effort and understand your feelings....The powers that be are just off the hook. You can see how well the gun laws are working in NYC, can't you? Not one...I meant there was only a couple of...damn...quite a few people shot with illegal guns lately....except thew word ILLEGAL was never mentioned. But then again, even a legal gun, used in a crime is being used illegally....words are important. What Bloomberg has brought to press is just irresponsible.

Its not in the Mayor's hands .
NYC has 'Standing Gun Law' Automatic. ( Sullivan law/Rockafeller law )
If the DA brings charges, the game is over.

~I WISH THEM WELL~
BILL------------------------------------------>

3 x's 4....that shrimps set for life...,and as for soda containers...he must of fell into a BIG GULP as a child and finally got around to getting even...

i don't think one or one million letters will matter but it's a good letter and if bloomberg wasn't such a blooming idiot puppet he would not be catering to the nwo in the first place

I wonder of the law against large soft drinks will apply to breast milk, which he wants to promote by making baby formula illegal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back