My granddaughter and her boyfriend

CharlieK

About four or five years ago my granddaughter and her boy friend visited us for a few days, and slept in separate bedrooms. While they were here, I looked at her boy friend and said, "Do you see that little girl over there?" He said, "Yes." I then said, "She is my pride and joy. If I ever hear that you've laid a hand on her, I don't mind going back to prison."

Note: I got that line from a TV comedian, but I actually used it on him. They are now married, and I photographed their wedding.

Then he better not abuse her while you are still alive, CharlieK....or you will go down on him like ton of bricks!!! :smile:

@rj53081 -- when you hear that boyfriends will be visiting, just start cleaning your gun in front of them...

Then he better not abuse her while you are still alive, CharlieK....or you will go down on him like ton of bricks!!! :smile:

@rj53081 -- when you hear that boyfriends will be visiting, just start cleaning your gun in front of them...

That's funny! When my oldest brought her first boyfriend home, unannounced, that's exactly what I was doing, cleaning my shotgun. I don't remember exactly what was said anymore, but he didn't last long.

Mom, he knew that I was just joking with him. I've never been aware before or since that he was abusive. And I'd better not.

That's funny! When my oldest brought her first boyfriend home, unannounced, that's exactly what I was doing, cleaning my shotgun. I don't remember exactly what was said anymore, but he didn't last long.
Now you know...he is not the best one for your daughter...They come, they go...I always say to my kids, don't bother shedding tears or getting frustrated if you lose someone yet. You are young and there will be 64 more to replace that one that went away before you really should get serious about getting serious with just one...but you know how kids are...

In 1983, my elder daughter called me and said that she had met the man for her. She let me talk to him, and he asked my permission to marry her. She was in her first year of medical school. They had known each other for just six months. I tried to talk them out of making a commitment so early, but couldn't, and they married the following summer. My son in law is terrific, and I've told both of them several times since then that I'm really, really glad that they didn't let me talk them out of getting married. I couldn't ask for a better son in law. We now live two houses from them, and they are terrific.

I will hazard a guess that this is your oncologist daughter, CharlieK? It's nice to have grandparents living nearby...They are so lucky to have you...

See, if that would have happened to me I would have asked about the gun. I'm sure the other side will happen to me if I do have a daughter some day...please, God, no. ;-)

My best friend recently retired from the Army, he was a full time reservist, pretty tall and imposing in uniform. He greeted the young man who was his daughter's first date. He put his arm around him, told him that his daughter would be down in a few minutes and then casually, in a low voice, added "I know what I was thinking at your age. If any of that happens with my daughter they'll never find your body." A moment later his daughter entered the room, the sargeant smiled and told the couple to have a good time. By all accounts his daughter had a good time, though the young man did not date her many more times.

NO Mom! Come! Come down on him like a ton of bricks! NOT go.... :biggrin:

Well my MOTHER IN LAW! told me that not only would get the best lawer in town with the divorce, but would also have it hanging next to the kitchen clock by morning if I EVER DID ANYTHING TO HURT HER DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!. We have been married 23 years ( and YES it still feels like the first year), I still have MR. happy and the twins!!!!.
God bless her .. we lost her two years ago, very good woman!!!

Some mother-in-laws or parents-in-laws are irreplaceable...mine is. Once in a while in your life, you find your greatest teacher. I found mine in my parents-in-laws. Sad but I still missed them so every summer and autumn when my Mr. Lincoln rose is blooming, I think of them. Dad taught me how to garden and mom taught me how to live.

Several years ago, my wife told me I was NOT going to be cleaning a firearm, OR sharpening a knife, when our daughter started dating...I haven't asked recently, but after watching several stories on the news, she MAY have changed her mind!! However, if she HASN'T changed her mind, I've got two or three backup plans, and the ONLY one that knows what they are is ME, becuse if she DOESN'T know what I'm up to until AFTER the fact, she CAN'T request that I NOT do them!!

I once found my daughter sitting in a car with a boy. They really were just sitting and talking because it was a Camaro with deep bucket seats :nono: I walked up to the drivers window, .45 in hand, (no round in chamber and safety on) and tapped on the window. I know it was a bit over the top, but I didn't like the kid anyway. Talk about one scared boy! He didn't come back.

Several years ago, my wife told me I was NOT going to be cleaning a firearm, OR sharpening a knife, when our daughter started dating...I haven't asked recently, but after watching several stories on the news, she MAY have changed her mind!! However, if she HASN'T changed her mind, I've got two or three backup plans, and the ONLY one that knows what they are is ME, becuse if she DOESN'T know what I'm up to until AFTER the fact, she CAN'T request that I NOT do them!!
Yes, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back