My first Kimber

kerstingm

I picked up my first Kimber this weekend at the gunshow and let me tell you it has to be one of the smoothest shooting guns I own. I got the Kimber Ultra Aegis II.

madk3k.jpg
[/IMG]

I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II. Kimbers are nice - but wait till u fire a Wilson Combat. I loved the Wilson so much I bought 2!

I got my first Kimber 3 weeks ago, the Ultra Crimson carry 11. Can wait to get it out for a test drive. You have a nice looking piece there!
MR

My current EDC is a Kimber Ultra Carry TLE II and I've got about 850 rounds down the pipe without a
single hiccup... Yeah... I won't be trading this one in anytime soon....

Okay... one griipe... I HATED the standard grips.... So I replaced 'em...

These guys make OUTSTANDING grips...

Home Page

bought my first Kimber 2 Mondays ago.....a Compact Stainless II in .45. Commander length slide w/the short officer's length grip. I've got ~ 250 trouble free rounds thru it so far. I added Hogue grips to it for better grip. I was surprised that is has MORE felt recoil than my dearly departed, MUCH LIGHTER Kahr CW45. Not regretting the change at all, though.

I have two of those. I got them several years ago, when they still came with bobbed hammers.

I paid Kimber to put Commander-style hammers on both of them, and others must have, too, because it looks like they come with them, now. :)

Link Removed

I just bought a set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips in rosewood from Kimber. If you go that route, be aware you'll need to buy a set of stainless standard-length grip screws, as well. The ones with the thin grips aren't long enough to engage the hole, with full width grips.

Good Luck with your Kimber!

I need to replace the right side ambi safety to clear a set of CT grips. I have the short right side safety that I purchased from Kimber. Is it a difficult task to make the switch? I am pretty handy with minor gunsmithing but don't know if I should turn this over to a "real" gunsmith or not. Please give me you take on this of if you have done it were there any things to look out for.

Thanks
Husker

I need to replace the right side ambi safety to clear a set of CT grips. I have the short right side safety that I purchased from Kimber. Is it a difficult task to make the switch? I am pretty handy with minor gunsmithing but don't know if I should turn this over to a "real" gunsmith or not. Please give me you take on this of if you have done it were there any things to look out for.

Thanks
Husker

Sorry I have not done anything like what your talking about. I know Crimson Trace said I would have to do the same process for my Taurus PT1911. You could try AGI and see if they have a video on how to change out the safty.

I have a problem guys, my wife shot the Aegis II last night and fell in love with it like I did. She is the one that got it for me, I told her if she gets me the 45 Ultra Carry II with the Crimson Trace grips I would consider letting her use it every now and then.

I got my first Kimber a few weeks ago also; Kimber Gold Match 2. I don't user it for CC, but am enjoying taking it to the range.

yeah, don't EVER let your wife shoot your Kimber, unless you want to buy a second one for yourself. :)

I have CT on my Pro Carry II, I had my gunsmith shave down the ambi safety and it looks AWESOME!

Enjoy, beware of the fumes they put off - they are fumes of addiction, "I want more Kimber's I want more Kimber's" LOL

Thank you for all of the great responses to my thread, but I have a question. Do any of you Kimber owners know if I can shoot Plus P ammo in my Aegis? I picked up a couple boxes at the last gunshow by mistake.

I have a problem guys, my wife shot the Aegis II last night and fell in love with it like I did. She is the one that got it for me, I told her if she gets me the 45 Ultra Carry II with the Crimson Trace grips I would consider letting her use it every now and then.

Not sure i would consider that a problem. Especially if she gets you the new piece.:yes2:

Have the Kimber ultra carry and that was my carry gun for ten years. Very nice weapon. I haven't shot a Kimber yet that wasn.t worth every dime. I started Carrying XDM .40 compact last year and actually like that a little better, but I still love my Kimber. maybe 2000 rounds or more and only 1 failure to feed and I think that was in the first 200 rounds breakin it in.

Thanks, I think I just saw my next one tonight. My gunshop just got a Ultra Raptor II
and let me tell you all. THIS WAS ONE FRICKEN AWESOME loking pistol. (Honey my birthday is next month)
Now I just need the wife to read this. Lol

Bought my first Kimber 6 years ago. Tactical Pro II. After learning more about the 1911 platform I discoved that Kimber is simply crap with alot of cosmetics. MIM parts, plastic mainspring housings, terrible tolerances after 1,000 rounds, goofy safety in the grip safety (Swartz) aluminum frames. Nope, not for me.

Won't be spending any money on another one. Springfield, preferably their Custom Shop models (Professional) or Wilson Combat. Even then, if your a serious shooter you'll have to have them tuned once a year.

Yes, I"m a 1911 snob.

Forget Kimber.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back