My fiancées big mouth...

cartisdm

I have been researching NC handgun laws and what it will take to get my CCW for a few months now. This week there was an incident that occurred at my work where a woman attacked another woman with an expandable baton. I managed to step in and break up the fight but was completely vulnerable with the exception of my knife (Benchmade Skirmish). Last night I was describing the encounter to my bible study group and how absurd it is for employees to be unarmed, yet strangers can attack in broad daylight...even while a security guard stood 12 yards away doing nothing. Then my [lovely] fiancée blurted out how I am trying to carry a gun at all times to everyone! :fie: I quickly shot a glare to my significant other.

The comment got some blank looks at first and some said I was way overreacting. Although, after I explained that this particular incident at work wasn't my specific reasoning for seeking a CCW, the other men in the group expressed they wanted one too! In fact, both had been actively looking into it! Now we're all going to take the course together on July 9th

Moral of the story...don't mess with our bible study unless you've got a lot of fire power :)

Sometimes people don`t know when to keep there mouths shut, but in your case it worked out and got several others interested in getting there CCW.

Send lawyers, guns and money... the sh!t has hit the fan.

I have a good one too. A neighbor was shooting on his property when the police arrived and drew down on him. They verified his license and apologized. A woman, recently relocated from NYC, heard gunshots and saw him in the woods. She called LEO complaining of a madman in the woods. After she calmed down the LEO explained she's moved to gun country and there is a lot of shooting and hunting in the woods around her house. Her husband came home during this exchange... and just in time. He asked the LEO "you mean I can get a permit for a handgun?" He was shocked. In NY City gunshot=crime. He was at my door a few days later looking for a safety class. He got his CCW and now his wife has begun to shoot as well.

Eat your heart out Bloomburg. Transport them out of the city and they become converts.

That is a good story! I moved to Charlotte and apparently this is a haven for escapees from Jersey. I have managed to covert a few with suprising ease. Keep it up.

Have two now three friends all moved out of NY, living in Texas, took every pistol I owned up to visit and we all went to range all now have CC. God Bless Texas.

In our church in SE Oklahoma, most members from the pastor on down either has or is getting a CCW license.

I've carried for a good while now and carrying is as routine as putting on my pants. I'm so glad I live, and have lived, in this and other states where CC is legal and yes, even encouraged.

Unfortunately I live in NY. My concealed permit us restricted to hunting or target shooting, so I can't carry full time. I will be applying to get my restrictions lifted in a couple of months but chances aren't good.

It's not motivation enough for me to move, but it is a pain in the ass.

Unfortunately I live in NY. My concealed permit us restricted to hunting or target shooting, so I can't carry full time. I will be applying to get my restrictions lifted in a couple of months but chances aren't good.

It's not motivation enough for me to move, but it is a pain in the ass.
Why do you feel your chances aren't good?

Church's and Bible Studies can be surprising places. In my particular church there can be as many as 5 armed people in a typical sunday morning service. 2 being Deacons and one is one of our Elders/Pastors.

In my Bible Study just this last Tuesday we were having casual conversation after the study was done and I asked one of the members, who was an LEO, about a particular gang I heard about in the news recently. Toward the end of that discussion he said "why are you worried, don't you carry now?" (I hadn't told him I carried but his brother knew) I tapped my right hip area in response and agreed that I did and before you knew it three of us had our sidearms out for show & tell at the end of Bible Study.

I am a pastor and I have faith that God can do anything and protect me from anything! That being said, I have my nine mil. on me in every service. Just before I preach it goes on a shelf in my pulpit with the clip in my pocket. I can lock and load in just a few seconds if needed! I feel a responsibility to protect my church just as I would my home. You never know when an intruder will enter either, and my motto spiritually and otherwise is, "be prepared!"

[Luke 12:39] "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

pastor t:205468 said:
[Luke 12:39] "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

Great verse!

Church's and Bible Studies can be surprising places. In my particular church there can be as many as 5 armed people in a typical sunday morning service. 2 being Deacons and one is one of our Elders/Pastors.

In my Bible Study just this last Tuesday we were having casual conversation after the study was done and I asked one of the members, who was an LEO, about a particular gang I heard about in the news recently. Toward the end of that discussion he said "why are you worried, don't you carry now?" (I hadn't told him I carried but his brother knew) I tapped my right hip area in response and agreed that I did and before you knew it three of us had our sidearms out for show & tell at the end of Bible Study.

Liked the fact y'all were carrying but show and tell at Bible study is a bit much. Better out doors where it might be safer.

I generally don't broadcast my CC permit or the fact that I am carrying.

Since a great many members of my church are NY and NJ escapees..... I wonder how many of them now carry?

GG

On two separate occasions when my wife and I were about to check into a hotel I was taking my gun out of my car safe and putting it in my backpack (before I had my CCW permit) while my wife stood outside the car and loudly said something to the effect of, "What are you doing with your gun here? Who are you going to shoot?" I was pretty ticked, especially as there were other people in the same parking lot both times. She knows now not to say anything, but I tease her about broadcasting it to the world every time now.

I'm a NY (Long Island) escapee as well, and had a target/hunting permit for about 10 years before moving to NC..which was more involved then getting my cc here. Once I got my cc, its a topic that isnt openly discussed with our friends. We had a party at our house last week, and one of the husbands mentions his interest, and all of a sudden I'm in a conversation with 4 others all of which are interested getting their permit as well..:biggrin:

Last night we were invited to a friend's place for a chit-chat...The couple who invited us are known to be anti gun. Toward the end of our visit hubby mentioned sonny boy who is a gun/rifle-anything-that-shoots fanatic. Then our lady friend went to her bedroom and got out a sort of suitcase-style container that has a lot of different pistols inside it. (I love the mini-22 revolver!!:biggrin: It will be a nice toy...) Apparently it belonged to her ex-husband (she's a widow...) and said she is thinking of selling 'em guns one day. I put my name on the toy gun. We all end up setting up a date to go to the range. Just waiting for a cooler day to go out. What a big change!:laugh:

To the OP, never get upset with your significant other, spouse or what ever you call it.. Always simply calmly explain why it was not a good comment to make...always remember you love this person,,,treat her with respect and kindness always....
I think if you were to find out all of the people you know who carry, it would surprise you. I think there are more of us out there than anyone might think.... Praise the lord and pass the amunition!!!

Liked the fact y'all were carrying but show and tell at Bible study is a bit much. Better out doors where it might be safer.

We do that outside usually; this was somewhat out of the norm but we were all very careful. I think the only person that actually handled someone's pistol other than his own (taken out and pointed at the floor) was the LEO I handed my gun too.

I don't talk about carrying much at all except with people who already know I do and they carry themselves. I'm the "new kid on the block" when it comes to carrying in our group.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back