Most Cops are Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gave you my answer. Several posts ago. It isn't what you want to hear. Too bad. So you come back with more of your convoluted, hypothetical, bull$h!t questions. What would you do? You have example after example of what happens when these idiots do what they want, instead of what the cop tells them. All 3 wound up dead. Do you think they made the right choice?

Is that what you would have done? Or would you STFU and do what you're told? You're acting like you have all of these choices, when in fact you have none. You don't like having to submit to that kind of authority. It bothers you. You think, or feel that it infringes on your freedom. Perhaps it does. But it changes nothing regardless. When police stop you, you do what they tell you, or else bad things are going to start happening to you real fast. Police have acted like this for well over a century. They're not changing their game plan any time soon, if they ever do. This regardless of how much you, or anyone else b!tches and moans about it. Again, you don't like that. I don't either. But once again it what is called REALITY. Deal with it. I have for the last 62 years of my life without incident. The 3 guys who are dead, made the wrong choices. What would your be?

I've gave you my answer. Several posts ago. It isn't what you want to hear. Too bad. So you come back with more of your convoluted, hypothetical, bull$h!t questions. What would you do? You have example after example of what happens when these idiots do what they want, instead of what the cop tells them. All 3 wound up dead. Do you think they made the right choice?

Is that what you would have done? Or would you STFU and do what you're told? You're acting like you have all of these choices, when in fact you have none. You don't like having to submit to that kind of authority. It bothers you. You think, or feel that it infringes on your freedom. Perhaps it does. But it changes nothing regardless. When police stop you, you do what they tell you, or else bad things are going to start happening to you real fast. Police have acted like this for well over a century. They're not changing their game plan any time soon, if they ever do. This regardless of how much you, or anyone else b!tches and moans about it. Again, you don't like that. I don't either. But once again it what is called REALITY. Deal with it. I have for the last 62 years of my life without incident. The 3 guys who are dead, made the wrong choices. What would your be?

And you call us cop haters? Axeanda45 was exactly right about you,

billt is 100% OKAY with cops killing innocents because statistically, he is unlikely to be one of their victims..... While nearly everyone else who cares about people other than themselves are APPALLED and OUTRAGED that ANYONE gets KILLED by those who are supposed to be the "good guys" (and are defended as being so by those like billt). Talk about denying the truth....

Does anyone have a good cop or bad cop personal story, it would be an interesting read.

This is my personal story, which I have posted here before.

Eating dinner, by myself, in a restaurant. Cop comes up to me and says, "Excuse me, would you mind stepping outside with me." Like an idiot (which I won't be if it happens again), I said, "Sure." We get outside and a second police car shows up and second officer gets out of that car and stands by us. First cop asks for my ID and I give it to him. Then he asks if I have a CPL (concealed pistol license). I say yes and give that to him. He says, "You are scaring people?" I say, "How? By eating dinner in a restaurant at dinner time?" He said, "Well your scaring people." Then he waves my CPL in my face and says, "You know this can be revoked, right?"

I said, "For what? I'm not breaking any laws." Because I gave him my military ID he said, "You're an officer, I would expect more." I wish I would have thought and said, "More than what? Exercising my rights?!?" So it goes on for about 10 minutes and finally I said, "Look, either write me a citation for some law that you think I violated or I am going back in there and finish my dinner." He handing me back ID and CPL and said, "Fine, go back inside." When I sit down, he shows up at my table with a waitress who wasn't even old enough to serve beer and said, "you have to leave or I am going to cite you for trespassing." I said, "Fine." I paid my bill, left the waitress a fairly big tip, and left. What was my crime? Legally open carrying a handgun on my belt while eating dinner in a restaurant at dinner time.

The next day I returned to the restaurant and hand delivered a letter to the owner that said basically I was sorry that someone was apparently concerned about my firearm, that I carried for self protection but that I would not return to the restaurant if they didn't want me to exercise my right to self protection there. Before I got home there was a voicemail for me. The owner said, "We are so sorry. We did not call the police, we guess another customer did. We had no desire for you to leave and we absolutely respect your rights to carry. Please feel free to come back, bring your family and your friends and your guns are welcome here."

I complained to the Chief of Police and he used the excuse public safety, blah, blah, blah regardless of the fact that his officer interfered with a paying customer, doing nothing illegal, doing business at a private establishment who was welcomed by the owner of the business to do so.

So, we got a group together from opencarry.org, about 10 of us with our families and we had a luncheon at the restaurant all open carrying. I emailed the Chief of Police before the luncheon and told him that we were having a social gathering at the restaurant at the invitation of the owner and any of his officers were welcome to join us, but if there was any official interference with our lawful gathering a lawsuit would follow. None of the police showed up.

My first mistake was willingly agreeing to step outside with the officer because that made the encounter voluntary. What I should have answered was, "No, officer, I won't step outside with you because I am doing nothing more than eating dinner here." If I desired to file a lawsuit against the police department I just increased the chances of the lawsuit getting tossed from the beginning because I voluntarily "cooperated".

If I forced the officer to either obey the law and leave me alone or unlawfully detain me, then, maybe, it would have ended like this:
Link Removed

billt is incapable of giving an honest answer because he only lies and misdirects and calls names.... His stance, when taken at his word, is exactly as I explained it earlier, and he then tried to say he didnt say it.... (sure, his words werent the same as mine, but we both said the same thing with different words) If the logical outcome of a certain behavior is "A".... then when you point out "A"..., and he denies it.... then he is nothing but either a liar or very stupid.. I see no other alternatives....

If I'm legally carrying concealed, it's not a requirement, or is it necessary to broadcast it at first opportunity. If a cop were to ask me, I wouldn't lie to him. I really can't make this any more simple than I have. This in spite of what your trying so desperately to read into all of it.
You COMPLETELY ignored the question and it's context. It was premised on VOLUNTEERING information NOT REQUIRED BY LAW. That was the premise FROM THE START. At that point, your rights HAVEN'T been "violated", because you WAIVED them by VOLUNTEERING information that wasn't REQUIRED. Whether you did this because you're a suckup or sincerely afraid for your life is IRRELEVANT.

And you call us cop haters?

That is exactly what you are. As far as the Axeb!tch, she leads the pack. The only exception with her is as I pointed out. She uses the exact same tactics with cops, the anti gunners do with guns. Ignores fact, and substitutes it with her own bull$h!t. As far as you, I doubt you could be more bitter after telling your "story". You hate the police, authority, and are a statistic waiting to happen. And if and when you become one, the poor taxpayers in your county will more than likely have their tax dollars wasted on a settlement, instead of something useful. Why don't you go and kick one of those freedom robbing cops that you love to hate, right in the nuts. Let us know how it goes.

This is my personal story.............The owner said, "We are so sorry. We did not call the police, we guess another customer did".

He "guesses"? Why didn't you ask, in this 10+ minute exchange with the police, who complained about you and why? He was your "accuser". He or she called the police. They didn't show up on their own. You had every right to face him and ask him why you were supposedly "scaring him". Your fight was with him, not the cop called to the scene to sort things out. The cop said, "you were scaring people". He said that because he was told that. Who complained and why? That would have been the first thing I asked. Did the cops talk to anyone else while they were there?

Why didn't you? It's doubtful they called and left. Why was he going to cite you for trespassing? Did you even ask that? It was the owners property. According to you, he didn't mind you being there, correct? Even apologized for the ensuing mess. Then how could the police accuse you of trespassing? It makes zero sense they would do it on their own. And your reply to the cop telling you to leave was, "fine"? Why would they care that you were there, if the owner of the establishment didn't? It's his place, not the customers. Where was he during all of this high drama?

I'm sorry, but there is either more to this than you're saying, or someone is outright lying. And then, to frost the cake and light the candles. You "invite" the cops to your "social gathering", only to threaten them with a lawsuit if they interfere. And you wonder why they didn't show up? Are you F'ing serious? None of this adds up. 10 minutes is a long time to talk with cops, and come away with as little information as you're trying to put forth here, in what you term to be a, "bad cop story".

hi, my name is billt, and I love cops, because they kill other innocent people but not me, and they dont kill me because I fluff them and bend over for them any time I am near any of them, because I have no self-respect and am deathly afraid of standing up for my rights... I also love to ridicule those who arent afraid like I am....

I shouldn't even bothering replying to you, billt, but I will for the benefit of others.

You ask why I didn't do all the things you suggest. The reason is simple. It was my first encounter with a bad cop on a power trip. It happened completely out of the blue, eating dinner in a restaurant at dinner time. An interaction with the police was just about the last thing on my mind then. You ask why the officer threatened me with trespassing. Simple. For the same reason he threatened me with revoking my CPL. He was on a power trip. He believed that I had to obey his orders because he was a cop. Just like the officer in Alamagordo, New Mexico tried to do to Matthew St. John which cost the city $21,000. Link Removed Just like the officer in Bellingham, WA tried to do to John Laigaie which cost the city $15,000. Link Removed

Now, when I state what I will do if I find myself in a similar situation with a cop it is because I have had the experience, I have learned from my mistakes, and I won't make the same ones again.

You claim I am bitter and hate the police and authority. The last encounter I had with police happened a couple years after the Island County Café incident. I was on a road that I drive to/from work every day. At the start of a sweeping curve the speed limit drops from 50 to 35. There is a grocery store at the end of the curve that the Sheriff likes to sit at. I was in my convertible with the top down and forgot to adjust the cruise control at the speed limit change. I go past the grocery store and there is deputy friendly parked. I see the lights come on. I know there is a driveway that runs parallel to the road just ahead so I turn on my hazard flashers, and pull into the driveway. I turn off my engine, retrieve my driver's license and military ID card from my wallet, and the folder with insurance and registration from the glove box.

Deputy friendly finally pulls in behind me and approaches driver side. We exchange polite greetings and I hand him my DL and Military ID. As I am opening the folder for insurance and registration I say, "I forgot to adjust my cruise control when the speed limit changed." He takes my paperwork and says, "Yep. If these check out we'll get you on your way." Comes back, hands me my paperwork back and says, "Thank you for your service, but slow down, OK?" I say, "Thank you, officer, I appreciate that." We exchange pleasant goodbyes and that was that. Hardly the actions of someone who hates police officers and has issues with authority.

I shouldn't even bothering replying to you, billt, but I will for the benefit of others.

You ask why I didn't do all the things you suggest. The reason is simple. It was my first encounter with a bad cop on a power trip. It happened completely out of the blue, eating dinner in a restaurant at dinner time. An interaction with the police was just about the last thing on my mind then. You ask why the officer threatened me with trespassing. Simple. For the same reason he threatened me with revoking my CPL. He was on a power trip. He believed that I had to obey his orders because he was a cop. Just like the officer in Alamagordo, New Mexico tried to do to Matthew St. John which cost the city $21,000. Link Removed Just like the officer in Bellingham, WA tried to do to John Laigaie which cost the city $15,000. Link Removed

Now, when I state what I will do if I find myself in a similar situation with a cop it is because I have had the experience, I have learned from my mistakes, and I won't make the same ones again.

You claim I am bitter and hate the police and authority. The last encounter I had with police happened a couple years after the Island County Café incident. I was on a road that I drive to/from work every day. At the start of a sweeping curve the speed limit drops from 50 to 35. There is a grocery store at the end of the curve that the Sheriff likes to sit at. I was in my convertible with the top down and forgot to adjust the cruise control at the speed limit change. I go past the grocery store and there is deputy friendly parked. I see the lights come on. I know there is a driveway that runs parallel to the road just ahead so I turn on my hazard flashers, and pull into the driveway. I turn off my engine, retrieve my driver's license and military ID card from my wallet, and the folder with insurance and registration from the glove box.

Deputy friendly finally pulls in behind me and approaches driver side. We exchange polite greetings and I hand him my DL and Military ID. As I am opening the folder for insurance and registration I say, "I forgot to adjust my cruise control when the speed limit changed." He takes my paperwork and says, "Yep. If these check out we'll get you on your way." Comes back, hands me my paperwork back and says, "Thank you for your service, but slow down, OK?" I say, "Thank you, officer, I appreciate that." We exchange pleasant goodbyes and that was that. Hardly the actions of someone who hates police officers and has issues with authority.

So you had both a bad encounter, as well as a good one with cops. So what? Many have. What is it you want? Chances are you'll have more of the same. The fact of the matter is you're trying to blame all of this on the cop. Perhaps his attitude was bad. I'll give you that. But you handled yourself about as pi$$ poorly as you possibly could have. Bad cop or no, I can't believe you didn't demand to talk to the complainant. You have that right. If this cop, bad attitude and all, is telling you to your face you were scaring people. And you don't possess the common sense to simply ask, "Who did I supposedly scare? Point him out to me officer." Then I'm sorry, you're an idiot, not the cop. If you can't even think on your feet in that type of situation that lasts over 10 minutes, you've got zero business carrying a gun, and making what could be a life altering decision in a split second.

You can be assertive without being belligerent. This guy bullied you into a corner over a period of 10 minutes, with a bunch of cheap bull$h!t. And you let him..... Now you're blaming him and complaining and whining about cops. You should be blaming the ass hat who called them on you. Where the hell was he in all of this? The cops had to talk to him as much as you. It's not like they cuffed you and hauled you off. You said you had over 10 full minutes of conversation with this cop....... And in the process took away nothing. Except the pride in not wetting your pants.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate your thinking about carrying a weapon. If you handle yourself this poorly over a simple citizen complaint to a cop, I'd hate like hell to see you in a gunfight. If all it takes is a cop with an attitude to rattle your cage this bad, what's a bad guy going to do to you? You said, "It was my first encounter with a bad cop on a power trip. It happened completely out of the blue". What the hell are you going to do if someone without a badge sticks a gun in your face, and tells you he's going to blow your brains out? Do yourself a favor, stop carrying before you get yourself, and someone else killed.

So you had both a bad encounter, as well as a good one with cops. So what? Many have. What is it you want? Chances are you'll have more of the same. The fact of the matter is you're trying to blame all of this on the cop. Perhaps his attitude was bad. I'll give you that. But you handled yourself about as pi$$ poorly as you possibly could have. Bad cop or no, I can't believe you didn't demand to talk to the complainant. You have that right. If this cop, bad attitude and all, is telling you to your face you were scaring people. And you don't possess the common sense to simply ask, "Who did I supposedly scare? Point him out to me officer." Then I'm sorry, you're an idiot, not the cop. If you can't even think on your feet in that type of situation that lasts over 10 minutes, you've got zero business carrying a gun, and making what could be a life altering decision in a split second.

You can be assertive without being belligerent. This guy bullied you into a corner over a period of 10 minutes, with a bunch of cheap bull$h!t. And you let him..... Now you're blaming him and complaining and whining about cops. You should be blaming the ass hat who called them on you. Where the hell was he in all of this? The cops had to talk to him as much as you. It's not like they cuffed you and hauled you off. You said you had over 10 full minutes of conversation with this cop....... And in the process took away nothing. Except the pride in not wetting your pants.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate your thinking about carrying a weapon. If you handle yourself this poorly over a simple citizen complaint to a cop, I'd hate like hell to see you in a gunfight. If all it takes is a cop with an attitude to rattle your cage this bad, what's a bad guy going to do to you? You said, "It was my first encounter with a bad cop on a power trip. It happened completely out of the blue". What the hell are you going to do if someone without a badge sticks a gun in your face, and tells you he's going to blow your brains out? Do yourself a favor, stop carrying before you get yourself, and someone else killed.

Link Removed You really dont have a clue...

The fact that I did not stand up to the cop like I should have in no way absolves him of his bad actions and power trip. But my immediate and mostly continued compliance with his requests did absolve him of unlawful detainment, a mistake that I won't make again.

The fact that I did not stand up to the cop like I should have in no way absolves him of his bad actions and power trip.

The next time tell him that. I'm sure you'll have him quaking in his boots. Over 10 minutes and you can't make up your mind about what questions to ask. Pretty pathetic. Like I said, ditch the gun before you get yourself killed. You're a train wreck waiting to happen.

The next time tell him that. I'm sure you'll have him quaking in his boots. Over 10 minutes and you can't make up your mind about what questions to ask. Pretty pathetic. Like I said, ditch the gun before you get yourself killed. You're a train wreck waiting to happen.

Link Removed

The problem in your case is, it's not an "opinion". It's a fact based on your own admission. If you can't figure out what questions to ask a cop who is making false accusations during a 10 minute conversation, because you felt you were caught off guard, how the hell are you going to make a decision involving taking a life with a gun, in a fraction of a second? It's all but guaranteed the guy you're facing will. If I were you, that's something I would certainly be thinking about.

You ask why I didn't do all the things you suggest. The reason is simple. It was my first encounter with a bad cop on a power trip. It happened completely out of the blue, eating dinner in a restaurant at dinner time. An interaction with the police was just about the last thing on my mind then.

But you'll be all prepped and ready if and when someone sticks a gun in your face. :rolleyes:

The article is interesting but probably bogus, statistically. Judging overall good-bad cops is probably non quantifiable because politics varies greatly, jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
I retired from the telecom industry a couple years ago, last seven of those work years were in Atlanta, GA., Mecca for blacks - blacks rule there in every aspect of government, understandably.
Atlanta is also the most corrupt city I worked in, the industry moving me around several big cities over the years - because it's so race-driven. Cops will ride your bumper until you do commit a traffic infraction.
There's a lot of general harassment by cops and blacks are not singled out - everybody else is singled out.

I retired to the Florida Panhandle. Life is slow. Cops act like ordinary people - not puffed up with authority poisoning and definitely pro-citizenry gun advocates. They don't arbitrarily ride your bumper nor harass folks for bogus reasons. Walton County, Florida, and the rest of the Panhandle in general, got me back to a better attitude about cops. They do their jobs very well and have a great respect for the citizenry.

More bad cops in the news....

Link Removed

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A Justice Department investigation of an aggressive drug squad within the Philadelphia Police Department will likely hinge on the testimony this week from a corrupt officer-turned-informant.

Jeffrey Walker says he lied, stole and beat drug dealers during his years with the undercover Narcotics Field Unit.

The 46-year-old Walker has been in prison since he was caught planting evidence and stealing cash in a 2013 FBI sting.

He now admits committing "thousands" of crimes while on duty.

He says countless drug suspects went to prison based on lies his squad invented to get search warrants, make arrests and win convictions.

Lawyers for six former colleagues now on trial call Walker a drunk, disreputable police officer and unreliable witness.

Walker is set to spend his third day on the witness stand Thursday.

United StatesAssociated PressPhiladelphia Police Department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back