Mosin nagant

barecove

recently purchased a 1944 Izhevsk made M91/30. nearing the end of the cleaning phase and I almost ready to assemble it after what seemed like an endless amount of cosmoline from every conceivable place in and on it. looking forward to hitting the range and making some noise...as I have heard from others that both inner ear and over the ear protection if you want to leave the range and hear Link Removed

You can wear both if that makes you more comfortable the first time shooting it, but when I shot it not too long ago it wasn't that bad at all (not louder than an AR) and I wore over the ear only.

I bought one early this year and let the metal parts soak in mineral sprits for a week and wrapped the wood in paper towels and then a black garbage bag and let it sit in the sun for days changing paper towels every few days. Metal came out clean but had to use a heat gun lite over the wood. Came out nice but the wood still bled the cosmoline just a bit when shot.

Got one about 5 years ago from Big-5, a local outdoors sporting goods chain. Paid ~ $100; perfectly clean, zero cosmoline; bore in great shape. Now I realize what a great deal I got!

Purty rifle. When I shoot my M1 Garand I always ware duel protection. Gotta say it's the loudest rifle I've ever shot. I have heard the Mosin is about the same. Be safe and have some fun!

Purty rifle. When I shoot my M1 Garand I always ware duel protection. Gotta say it's the loudest rifle I've ever shot. I have heard the Mosin is about the same. Be safe and have some fun!

after getting the nagant squared away... the garand is next on the list... although it looks like the longer I wait, the higher the price and the harder they are going to be if the powers that be have their way

Got one about 5 years ago from Big-5, a local outdoors sporting goods chain. Paid ~ $100; perfectly clean, zero cosmoline; bore in great shape. Now I realize what a great deal I got!

you absolutely got a great deal.... try and find one for that price now, and cleaned up already to boot

Just a huge shockwave when you fire a mosin. I have 3 mosins...2 carbines and a long gun. I use over the ear when I shoot in an enclosed rifle range lane because of the shockwave. Out in the field it aint to bad and I don't really use any ear.

I have a mosin. slightly modified but no real major work and I absolutly love it fantastic rifle and for the price cannot be beat.

Proud owner of a Tula Mosin (moseen). My black Friday gift to myself. Went from consideration to decision in less than 24 hrs. Don't think I've ever done that. Meet давка, my new adoptee from Gander Mountain. Only $129 so I'm pretty satisfied. Ain't shot 'er yet so that remains to be seen but don't expect any issues.

Nice purchase SGL1, there was a "Black Friday" sale at a LGS here and they were selling for $199 w/ all of the goodies.

anyone see the stock avail from arkangel ? thinking of making the purchase, even though it cost more than what I paid for rifle.... but it looks sweet and comes with detachible 5 shot mag with 10 shot mag avail. 2013 New Products | Archangel Manufacturing

I have seen them and they look very nice too but I am hopeful that some other companies will start to sell aftermarket stocks at a better price. I can't see buying a stock that cost three times more than the rifle. I paid 69.00 dollars for my Mosin. It's like putting 2,000 dollar wheels on a 500.00 dollar car. But then again your also converting it over to use detachable magazines so maybe it is worth it.

Yep looks like they removed Cosmo. Need to get ammo for it and that'll be after Christmas. Unless I pick up a box at range may do that.

My buddy scooped up a Mosin with a beat up stock for really cheap. He got it so he could get the Archangel stock. He likes it a lot and says the magazine is great!!
Link Removed

I may have to break my own rule and buy me one of those because I love my Mosin. It is very rare that you see new commercially manufactured aftermarket stocks for a weapon designed in the 1890's.

Seen one today at a store, no cosmo and it looked like the stock was in great shape. $139... Maybe I should have bought it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back