Mooresville, NC

enfd250

Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun shop.

2) An indoor/outdoor handgun/rifle shooting range.

I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

I also crave the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top and taking the risk of opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you. would I be making a worthwhile investment?

Any takers?

I can't speak to your situation, but 80% of new businesses fail within the first five years.
Mine was no exception.

I had a small business. I made a profit and made it into the black, financially speaking. However, the real issue came down to long-term expectations. After the first year, I was paying myself about $1/hr. Despite being profitable, paying off all expenses and materials...It just wasn't worth it.

Think carefully about starting a new business, but don't think too hard. Reward requires risk. I took that risk, and was rewarded. The reward was not worth it in the long run, but I am not ashamed of how things turn out. I learned a lot in the process and would do it again.

Perhaps I may need to visit Mooresville, NC sometime. It'd be nice if I could get my self-protection needs met. Be that supplies or even a simple practice place.

have you tried shopping at Isle Pawn shop? its right on main street Mooresville. I have bought most of my guns from there and really enjoy my experiences with them.

about opening a range in Mooresville, at the corner of College and 115 is a very large warehouse that has been closed for some time now. I do not believe the town has figured out what to do with it yet. that might be a nice place to open an indoor range and gun shop. I too live in Mooresville and driving almost an hour just to shoot. I might even be interested in helping you in this endeavor to open a range/gun store.

Lake Norman firearms range

we thought the same thing, so we jumped in with both feet. we are in the process of building an indoor range in Cornelius. Investors/charter members are encourage. We should be open early summer of 2011. Let me know if you would like more information

we thought the same thing, so we jumped in with both feet. we are in the process of building an indoor range in Cornelius. Investors/charter members are encourage. We should be open early summer of 2011. Let me know if you would like more information

Awesome. I wish you the best of luck.

I may be of some use to you. I have experience operating a range, among other things. If you are interested with contacting me, please do.

Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

I also crave the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top and taking the risk of opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you. would I be making a worthwhile investment?

Any takers?
Try Lake Norman Firearms, 20823 N. Main Street, Suite B, Cornelius, NC 28031 704-892-7839
Opened May 7, 2010 Gun store but no range.

The range at Lake Norman

We are in the process of opening a new state of the art 15 lane facility in Cornelius. We are scheduled to be before the Cornelius town board on October 4th, and if all goes well will break ground on new construction in November with scheduled spring opening. Keep tabs on us at lake Norman Sporting arms and range. Any comments or suggestions are always welcome. we will be building and running a family friendly range.

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun store..

Any takers?

yes, would be nice to have a range area...
Have you checked out the Aisle pawn shop. Bob, the owner, is good to work with on firearms.

Try Lake Norman Firearms, 20823 N. Main Street, Suite B, Cornelius, NC 28031 704-892-7839
Opened May 7, 2010 Gun store but no range.

Very late to this thread (new member), but wanted to share my experience with Lake Norman Firearms. It's run by 3 older gentlemen, all former military, who are very cool and knowledgeable. Gary was very patient with me as I pawed several handguns trying to find the one that had the right grip and feel. Ended up buying a Ruger SR9 2 weeks ago. Only have 50 rounds through it so far, but am loving it.

Very friendly group of guys, and welcome folks to just hang out and shoot the breeze with them. I'll be looking to them for my next purchase for sure.

Point Blank Range

Any takers?

I did and soon Mooresville will have a state-of-the-art 25 yd indoor shooting range, pro shop and training facility. Point Blank Range will be located at 743 River Highway just past Morrison Plantation. We closed on the building last Friday and will begin retrofit on the building shortly. We will have 15 lanes, in 2 full tactical bays with the most advanced targeting system available. Fully conditioned range with a members only club lounge know as "Patriots Gun Club", with many amenities. Our emphasis on customer service will make you smile. Follow our progress as we develop our range at PointBlankRange.com. We will be hiring sales and training staff so if you're interested please reply.

I personally believe the entire state of NC is shooting range poor! Here in Granville County there are three ranges with minutes of my home, but all are closed to the public and are not taking anymore appl's for Mbrshp. So I just located a ditchbank back in the woods far enough off the road as to not pose a nuisance and bang away, to hell with them!!!:yu:

I did and soon Mooresville will have a state-of-the-art 25 yd indoor shooting range, pro shop and training facility. Point Blank Range will be located at 743 River Highway just past Morrison Plantation. We closed on the building last Friday and will begin retrofit on the building shortly. We will have 15 lanes, in 2 full tactical bays with the most advanced targeting system available. Fully conditioned range with a members only club lounge know as "Patriots Gun Club", with many amenities. Our emphasis on customer service will make you smile. Follow our progress as we develop our range at PointBlankRange.com. We will be hiring sales and training staff so if you're interested please reply.

Looking forward to this! Your location is only 10 minutes away for me. Have you worked out what the fees will be for the range? And will you require customers to shoot the store's ammo, or can they bring their own (inspected)?

Our range fees and membership plans will be posted on the web-site soon. Follow our progress at PointBlankRange.com. We will allow customers to shoot their own ammo in their own guns with some exceptions. These rules will also be posted on web site at some point.
Jim

I swear... I was HALF way through reading your post and I was thinking .. Sounds like a good place to open a range with a guns store. I have a buddy who lives there. Not a big gun fan. His son took his own life with a pistol last year. I drive 40 minutes to Bass Pro at Patriots Stadium in Foxboro. There is an outdoor rifle range in Braintree about 10 minutes bust the people there are well, different. I prefer to drive 25 minutes to Holbrook. Weymouth is currently planning a 100 yard indoor range. 2 minutes. :biggrin: Not bad for living in the big liberal city.

I am very interested in a job at your range! I have an extensive firearms background with the military, among other qualifications. I currently live in Mooresville and have for a long time. Please feel free to contact me if you think I may be of help. I have my full resume waiting for ya!

[email protected]

I have a buddy who lives there. Not a big gun fan. His son took his own life with a pistol last year.

My Bad. He actually lived in Moorhead City, and I just got a call yesterday that he died Monday. Jeez his family can't get a break.

Our range fees and membership plans will be posted on the web-site soon. Follow our progress at PointBlankRange.com. We will allow customers to shoot their own ammo in their own guns with some exceptions. These rules will also be posted on web site at some point.
Jim

Is your location the old boat/atv dealer, a couple miles past the Best Buy, that closed earlier this year? Great spot if so!

applying for a position at Point Blank Range in Mooresville

I would like to apply, I am a CCW holder, gunsmith, and would like to be an NRA instructor. I have taken handgun traning at Front Sight (2008), and shoot IDPA, and Appleseed.

Paul Eaton
122 Nacho Ln
Cleveland, NC 27013

ph 704 528 9695
704 799 8949
email: [email protected]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member