Mono Vision

NCIC105

This past week I changed my contacts to "left eye to read, Right Eye for my Astigmatism"

I thought I would have an issue doing this but was very surprised to find it a breeze....In the past; I had to carry reading glasses everywhere I went...

It has zero effects on my shooting...I have always been a "Both eyes open" shooter...

Right eye dominant, so this is the eye, I kept my distant contact in.

Nice to find a balance. If I wear tacts (near sighted) I have to wear reading glasses. If I don't then I have to drive/wear glasses to see at a distance. If I have corrective surgery to correct my near sightedness, then I'm back to wearing reading glasses. I gave up and just went with glasses for near sightedness.

I wear monovision and do just the opposite. If I put my distance lens into my right (dominant) eye, I can't focus on the front sight properly, so I put my near vision lens in my right eye. I guess it all depends upon the amount of correction needed in each eye.

I wear monovision and do just the opposite. If I put my distance lens into my right (dominant) eye, I can't focus on the front sight properly, so I put my near vision lens in my right eye. I guess it all depends upon the amount of correction needed in each eye.

I'm a -225 in right and a +1.50 in left.

Howdy,

Back in Febuary I had a cataract removed from my right eye ( I'm 49yo so it's very rare for someone my age to have a cataract ) and the doc corrected a slight astigmatism during the process.

Today I can clearly see the sights of a pistol without glasses of any kind and I can still see the target at 25yds.

Woohoo!!

My right eye dominate and I had "trained" myself to use my left eye when shooting a pistol but as a got older I couldn't see the sights clear enough without reading glasses. Bummer

After the surgery I have "retrained" myself to use my right eye.

Another "plus" is the fact that I can see the cross hairs in a scope and I shoot a rifle with open sights. Finally I'm able to shoot my MP-5/.40S&W. :)

Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back