Mom of robber who was shot sues.

~OtisM~

Banned
Mom of robber who was shot sues. This is why robbers aren't scared of ccw holders. They know we are more deterred by the threat of law than they are. I think under current law she has a case and will win. Surprised she isn't asking for more.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120724/BIZ01/120724005/Mom-would-robber-who-shot-sues-Kroger?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1741886

[video]http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120724/BIZ01/120724005/Mom-would-robber-who-shot-sues-Kroger?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE[/video]

Maybe if she was a better mother sonny wouldn't have been a perp.

She needs to learn a lesson. If someone sues me frivilously and loses, I will always drop a countersuit on their head for malicious prosecution. And I NEVER back-off. The best defense is a brutal offense.

So what else is new in this asylum run by the inmates and the lawyers formerly known as the USA. You can sue all you want on anything in this country and there is always a lawyer who will use his typist/secretary to "shotgun" the system with every lawsuit he can in hopes that one of them sticks. In SC, however, when it is a good shoot, you cannot be sued civilly; that does not mean that they cannot bring a suit anyway that will be dismissed. As someone already said, we know "he was a good boy"--robbers and other slimebuckets families always look the other way at this animal they raised.

If you walk into my place of business and try to rob me you will meet the same end. Her innocent son was 26, in my book that is a man who should have found something else to do.

Same old BS everytime, "He was a good boy" "He fell in with the wrong crowd" "He was a good daddy to his 6 kids"
(6 different women) Blah Blah Blah!

She can't sue the shooter for enforcing the store's "No robbers allowed" policy, so she sues the store for not enforcing the "no handgun" policy.

Surely no jury would find for her. One hopes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

So basically because he was an employee and not a shopper the castle doctrine doesnt apply. besides even if the store policy was to not permit firearms carry while on duty, they would have to specifically state that it applies to ccw holders, and they would have had to make absolutley sure that whomever employee was aware of the policy through signed documentation. damn sleezbag lawyer is right. always looking for the easy money.

Mom of robber who was shot sues. This is why robbers aren't scared of ccw holders. They know we are more deterred by the threat of law than they are. I think under current law she has a case and will win. Surprised she isn't asking for more.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120724/BIZ01/120724005/Mom-would-robber-who-shot-sues-Kroger?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

http://www.wibc.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1741886

[video]http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120724/BIZ01/120724005/Mom-would-robber-who-shot-sues-Kroger?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE[/video]

She has no case. I've read the actual lawsuit. She has a serious uphill battle because she has to prove 2 things. First he has to prove that Kroger was negligent in enforcing its policies. The second thing he has to prove is far more difficult...that her son's actions did not cause his timely demise. It'll most likely not even get past a judge in the initial hearing. She's most likely just hoping that Kroger will settle out of court rather than deal with the hassle of fighting this. Send them a message urging them to not give in

$75,000? Sounds as if they are keeping the price down to make it cost effective to settle quickly and avoid some bad press.

There's allot of people in this world like that.

I supervised a guy that would sue anyone at the drop of a hat. Had four separate suits going on at once. Comes to work with a faked neck injury and neck brace and requests light duty. Nope! Takes off the neck brace and is fit for duty?

Files a discrimination complaint against me for discrimination, he was the only employee not invited to my house for a 4th of July barbecue and air show. Working for the Federal Government, HRMS had never had such a complaint and were not much help on management side.

The administrative law judge found in his favor. He had requested $10.000.00 in monetary damages or some such nonsense. The law judge ruled no monetary award was appropriate but it was discriminatory to exclude him, even though it was not in the work place, and don't exclude anyone again.

I eventually fired his sorry you know what!

There's allot of people in this world like that.

I supervised a guy that would sue anyone at the drop of a hat. Had four separate suits going on at once. Comes to work with a faked neck injury and neck brace and requests light duty. Nope! Takes off the neck brace and is fit for duty?

Files a discrimination complaint against me for discrimination, he was the only employee not invited to my house for a 4th of July barbecue and air show. Working for the Federal Government, HRMS had never had such a complaint and were not much help on management side.

The administrative law judge found in his favor. He had requested $10.000.00 in monetary damages or some such nonsense. The law judge ruled no monetary award was appropriate but it was discriminatory to exclude him, even though it was not in the work place, and don't exclude anyone again.

I eventually fired his sorry you know what!
Yeah baby. Give him his walking papers.

I never gave a reason for letting someone go. I would give them their record of employment so they can claim benefits and a check to include severence, vacation and remaining sick pay. I always thanked them for their service and told them "I won't be needing you anymore." They would ask if they were being layed-off or fired. I would just repeat myself... "I just won't be needing you anymore." Some even had an attorney contact me. Again, "I just won't be needing them anymore. And please don't call me again."

Reminds me of the fat people that sued Micky D's...
Like Rosie O'Donnels comments that guns kill, not people. Considering that logic we could blame the fork for her big ass. She has so much money she could pay someone full-time to follow her around and slap food out of her hands, yet she remains fat. But it's not her fault is it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back