Microstamping crap is one step closer today ......

AC Orange

This piece of garbage is getting closer to reality. (BTW, the proposed law states that each casing must be marked in 2 separate locations ?!?!?). They've inserted microstamping in the state budget bill A-9055C in an underhanded attempt to pass it into law. The Assembly budget proposal passed today :

Link Removed

All gun owners must call their State Assemblyman, State Senator and Governor Cuomo and demand this be removed.

I just love how it is stated that it is at "no cost to the taxpayers" and "will not affect law abiding citizens"
If its at no cost then why is it being entered into a budget????
Also, does he realize that this microstamping will cost more to the manufacturers and they will pass that cost on to the "law abiding citizens"?
Typical politician, they are like magicians, its all about misdirection.

I just love how it is stated that it is at "no cost to the taxpayers" and "will not affect law abiding citizens"
If its at no cost then why is it being entered into a budget????

First, when the NY legislature is in session, there is always a cost to the state taxpayers. Next, aside from contacting our "representatives", we can hope that the state senate, which is Republican controlled, will kill the measure instead of allowing it into the final budget. To some of the down state, defined as Westchester county and south lawmakers, there is no such thing as a "lawfull/law abiding" use for a gun. The COBIS system which never solved a crime in 10 years or more has just been eliminated, so microstamping is just the latest rallying point for the anti-gun crowd.

Another reason to get out of that god awful state.....Don't they already use micro stamping in NYC? I read an article that showed it hadn't helped solve one crime.

More useless legislation from the DumboCrapping LibTarded Leftists.
They won't be happy until we are all completely disarmed.

Out of my cold dead hands you fascist bastards!

"... is a straightforward mechanism that is very difficult for all but the most sophisticated criminals to thwart and has no significant effect on law-abiding gun owners"

What?!? Any criminal with a small file is "sophisticated"?!? No effect on law abiding gun owners except driving up the costs and causing manufacturers to pull out of NY markets!

AS one who has investigated several crime scenes over the years, I am curious to know how the politicians plan to deal with the old tradition of the criminals to disrupt a crime scene with their own evidence. For instance, how about picking up brass at the local range and planting misleading clues to point the alleged crime to a purely innecent victrim? The bad guys could take out their target AND get someone to do the time while they continue making more statisics. kinda makes ya go "HMMMMMMM" don't it??????????

Another reason to get out of that god awful state.....Don't they already use micro stamping in NYC? I read an article that showed it hadn't helped solve one crime.
Gotta back you up a bit. There is no microstamping in NYC. Also, the state is not God awful. Ignore the myth. We have more CCW permits and a larger percentage of the population with a CCW than nearly every state, including all the gun-friendly ones. We enjoy more rights with our CCW than most "shall-issue" states. We have no restrictions on bars, churches, hospitals, banks, public transportation, etc., as most other states have. There is no renewal and no qualifier needed. The permit is good for life. The only catch is NYC... no one from the sate may eneter the city with a gun.

Microstamping has been on the plate for a very long time in NYS. According to my republican senator the bill is DOA at the GOP controlled state senate. Period. No omnibus bill will be passed if it contains this provision.

AS one who has investigated several crime scenes over the years, I am curious to know how the politicians plan to deal with the old tradition of the criminals to disrupt a crime scene with their own evidence. For instance, how about picking up brass at the local range and planting misleading clues to point the alleged crime to a purely innecent victrim? The bad guys could take out their target AND get someone to do the time while they continue making more statisics. kinda makes ya go "HMMMMMMM" don't it??????????
Exactly! This is called raisning the disruption index. If police will need to run down dozens of stamped shell casings taken from ranges the cost of the investigation will increase exponentially. Imagine that knock at the door... "sir can you explain why your shell casings were found at a crime scene?" "No. Can you explain wy you're blowing my tax dollars talking to me while flaco is out there still robbing?"

My state senator also says it won't pass the senate. NYSRPA posted this morning that the senate budget bill does not have the Microstamp crap in it.
But still a good idea to call the governor and your senator and representative.

Every time microstamping pops up in the news, I get this vision of an average day at a public shooting range. Everyone will have his own technique, from shooting one round, then getting down on hands and knees to retrieve "his" brass, to a mad scramble when the range goes cold with everyone having a magnifying glass and inspecting cases one at the time, possibly even arguing over who accidentally picked up or 'stole' whose brass. It could get ugly, because every one of "yours" that gets away could come back to bite you in the ass some day. The people that think up these laws have been watching too much CSI on TV, and think crime scenes are orderly and contain absolutely no bogus evidence. And what about purchasing used brass? It will have stampings from the original firearm(s), plus yours. That won't waste time for police investigators, will it?

This piece of garbage is getting closer to reality. (BTW, the proposed law states that each casing must be marked in 2 separate locations ?!?!?). They've inserted microstamping in the state budget bill A-9055C in an underhanded attempt to pass it into law. The Assembly budget proposal passed today :

Link Removed

All gun owners must call their State Assemblyman, State Senator and Governor Cuomo and demand this be removed.

.[/QUO

I did hear about microstamping coming from Califorina months back. Also taking your thumb print when buying ammo.
I'm from NYC and did have a pistol permit for over 20 years.I know all the #$%^&* one has to go through.
I have to wonder how much Bloomburg is involed with this and his "mayors against guns" group. ( not the right title)

~BEST~
BILL-------------------------------------------->

100% of adults who can legally own are legal to carry here though not all choose to. I'm glad this legislation won't get too far. I suspect that some people are upset that the shell casing fiasco has been proven useless and they want to find another way to cause more problems. Every restriction, every additional hoop they can place in your path, anything to drive up cost will stop someone from purchasing and moves them closer to their goal. Placing a unique micro stamp on every firing pin cost money that will increase the price of the gun. Putting a shell casing in a marked sealed envelope with each gun costs money. We have no such law here yet all the new pistols I have seen have that little envelope in them. We all pay for the laws from other States. Just as we all have the enviro crud on our cars because of the CA laws we have to deal with the additional costs to us all of some gun laws in other States.

-
About all some crappy law like that would do is make firearms sales impossible - guess that's the purpose, hmmm?

A bit of US History, 1946 following WWII, 'The Battle of Athens' (Tennessee) is a good read (and movie). It reiterates exactly what the authoritarian control obsessed leftists are most afraid of. 'THE PEOPLE' Not adhering to their insatiable quest for Political Power.

Gotta back you up a bit. There is no microstamping in NYC. Also, the state is not God awful. Ignore the myth. We have more CCW permits and a larger percentage of the population with a CCW than nearly every state, including all the gun-friendly ones. We enjoy more rights with our CCW than most "shall-issue" states. We have no restrictions on bars, churches, hospitals, banks, public transportation, etc., as most other states have. There is no renewal and no qualifier needed. The permit is good for life. The only catch is NYC... no one from the sate may eneter the city with a gun.

I also am a NYS CCW- Sullivan county is quite Gun Friendly. NYS also has the COBIS database where fired casings from new handguns need to be registered- Same crap as Micro stamp- looking for the unique firing pin fingerprint- and since 2001 maybe a dozen crimes solved thru that dbas- but lots of $$ spent and all I need is a small file tochange the fingerprint of thepin- so how much good will it actually do... NONE. Just another back end attempt to take our rights away. LOCK & LOAD

This just in:

Criminals figure out a fool proof way to thwart micro stamping technology by using revolvers......film at 11

fdemundo:

"NYS also has the COBIS database where fired casings from new handguns need to be registered- Same crap as Micro stamp- looking for the unique firing pin fingerprint- and since 2001 maybe a dozen crimes solved thru that dbas- but lots of $$ spent and all I need is a small file tochange the fingerprint of thepin- so how much good will it actually do... NONE."

Actially, I think you'll find that no, zero, nada, crimes have been solved using COBIS. A few time links have been made with COBIS after the crime was solved.

Okay....how do you enact a law for a technology that hasn't been invented yet? When it is, if it is...I'm sure the cost will be prohibitive...maybe the lawmakers could mandate a technology where ridiculous legislation would just ignite the paper it's written on? Smart paper? Maybe every time a legislator introduces something insane we could send a small current of electricity through his/her seat until their thinking makes sense? I really don't mind the addition power usage charges that will be billed to the Albany Senate and Assembly for the likely amount of extra electricity that will be used...The legislation? We could call it PAVLOVS BILL....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back