Medical information: Fire Arms at Home?

Sir Diealotz

Moved recently so I'm searching for a new family physician within the network.

Downloaded the PDF so I could register ahead of time.

This question is on the application along with smoke detectors, seat bel use etc....

I didn't answer any as I don't feel it's applicable.

Big brother is so creepy. Our head start person asked us that. I said "no" even though I was OCing. She checked no.

Pediatrician here in WI asked the same thing on the form. Right underneath the question about smoke detectors. It's a creepy question and besides, I've sold all of my firearms...

I don't answer any questions on medical questionnaires that don't have to do with my health or medicine in general. I don't answer 'no', I just leave them blank.

If they ask, I tell them that the information is not relevant to the task at hand and, therefore, none of their @#$% business. Whether or not I have firearms or smoke detectors has nothing to do with a doctor's ability to treat me.

This comes up repeatedly, if you answer any thing but "no" they assume "yes". So, you just say no and go on about your business.

Why is that so hard?

This comes up repeatedly, if you answer any thing but "no" they assume "yes". So, you just say no and go on about your business.

Why is that so hard?
Because we shouldn't be having to put up with irrelevant invasive questions in the first place. Charge the insurance and STFU, right?

They put it on there because the gun hating moron who made the questionnaire has bamboozled the insurance company into believing that you're at risk with a firearm in your home. Eventually that will change into higher premiums or denial of service. Which will be likened to Pre-existing conditions. Remember to anyone who's business is based in liability we're all loose cannons, just because we have a device that can do harm.

Just find a new doctor.
Why support someone that may support groups that want to remove your gun?
There are many pro gun doctors, support someone like that, who is on your side.

Just add "ne of your damn business" onto the "no." My doc loves guns, knows I have carry permits, doesn't care, so I'm good for now.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Unless your upper limbs are aflame, you can honestly answer that form's question with a definitive NO.

It seems that pediatricians will ask children if there is a "gun" in the house. This recently occurred with my grandson, with his mother present. She made it clear that the only "gun" she allowed her son was made by Nerf. The conversation seemed to stop there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back