maybe moving

Baldelocks

Thinking about moving to the San Diego area. For my youngest daughters health. Never been so this is just the beginning of looking. Just courteous of the pros and cons of California gun laws. Thanks

There are no pros...

Cons: Assault weapons ban restrictions (no sbr, no sbs, etc), no magazine over 10 rounds, nearly impossible to get a permission slip (aka permit), no open carry.

What's in San Diego that you can't find elsewhere? If it's not too personal, what health issues does your daughter have? Maybe someone here knows another facility in a better state.

My daughter has cystic fibrosis. So we are trying to be somewhere with a relatively warm temp. And close to the ocean. The salt water mist is good for her lungs. Does that mean I can't take my ar? :( lol

Here is a link to all of the states laws in a simple presentation.

This is no substitute for advise from a gun lawyer in the state but it will give you some ideas. Going from Maryland to California is a heck of a leap but then again, there's nothing a parent won't do for their children.

Index of /states

I live here and the weather is fantastic and that is a huge PRO in my opinion.Actually the weather in Vista, Ca (San Diego County) is some of the best in the whole country (do a search).I have to say though that unfortunately CA is not the gun friendly state that other states are.It is near impossible to obtain a CCW here (I should say at least in southern CA).I could name hundreds of cons ,but you can't beat the weather if that is the reason you are moving.I would do anything for my daughter and if it meant moving to a state that is not so gun friendly, I would do it in a heartbeat.When it comes to your family that is absolutely first.If you do move out here, gun laws in this state are crazy.I would do some serious research before making a final decision and know the laws prior to transferring any or all firearms to this state.Your AR will have to be made CA legal.I own a mini 14 to avoid the hassle.It's no tack driver ,but it gets the job done.Good luck and I wish you and your family the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back