Maxtuck holster from White Hat Holster.

Blooze

Greetings folks. I would like to take a few minutes to give my out of the box thoughts on the Maxtuck from White Hat Holster. First let me state that I have no affiliation with the guys at White Hat and this is my first interaction with them. Here are a few pics of what I got and then I'll give you all my thoughts on them.

2011-12-13132032.jpg

2011-12-13132303.jpg

2011-12-13132240.jpg

2011-12-13132350.jpg

2011-12-13132509.jpg

2011-12-13142200.jpg

2011-12-13180047.jpg

2011-12-13180101.jpg

Out of the box the belt is obviously quality, it's 5.11 tactical. You can't go wrong with that. The Maxtuck is a hybrid IWB holster, the backing is horsehide and the scabbard is molded Kydex attached with chicago screws. I chose the horsehide because I live on the Gulf Coast and it's extremely humid down here in the summer. Horsehide has a tighter grain than cowhide and helps to keep sweat off your pistol. The holster feels very durable and is a snap to put on and position. My first impression was that it felt like a quality holster. Let me say this up front. I'm wearing the holster and my PX4 Compact as I'm typing this and it is rediculously comfortable. I can feel the weight of the gun but I can't feel the gun at all. This thing will only get more comfortable as the leather comforms to your body. The kydex is well formed and there is an audible snap when I holster the PX4. I want to note that if you turn your holster upside down and shake it you will shake it loose but once it's in your waistband with belt I'm sure I could stand on my head without it falling out. The holster has belt clips that are independently adjustable for ride height and cant. The draw is very smooth and one handed reholstering is a breeze. I used to own a Crossbreed Supertuck for one of my older pistols and in comparison the quality is very similar. There are some things I think White Hat does better though. Number one they do not charge for a combat cut on your holster. My holster has the combat cut and I find it very comfortable. In addition the kydex scabbard is held on with chicago screws as opposed to being rivetted on. You can order a kydex scabbard for around $20 from White Hat instead of an entire new holster if you want to change your carry. White Hat also offers more colors for the leather as well as designs of varying types for the scabbard. You can make a really pretty holster if that's your thing. Me personally I figure no one is going to be seeing the holster anyway so I went with black on black.

I would like to make a special note on the customer service. My experience with Tony at White Hat has been nothing short of outstanding. He answered emails or phone calls personally and obviously wanted to make me happy. There was a mix up at the post office with my package and Tony emailed me to say that if they couldn't find it he would get me one made and fedexed within the week to replace it. You can't beat that kind of service. I ordered my holster on November 1st and it was with my mail November 12th. That's great turn around time for a custom holster. The holster comes with a two week trial period during which you can return the holster for a full refund for any reason and a lifetime warranty that covers breakage of any type during normal use. White Hat also offers military and LEO discounts.

I've had this holster for about three weeks now. I wear it 14-16 hours every day. It has molded nicely to fit my body and is extremely comfortable all day including driving or sitting at a desk. You can draw the weapon and reholster is with one hand while seated with no problem at all. At any rate White Hat will most assuredly get my business and my endorsement from this point forward.

My wife and I both use the Maxtuck for all of the reasons mentioned by the OP. We both carry an LC9 all day with great comfort and security. I also bought a kydex for my M&P 40c and switching it out is a breeze. Six screws and very secure.

The starting cost is a bit less than the crossbreed. Supertucks start out at $69 for cowhide with an additional $15 for horsehide where the Maxtuck starts at $59 for cowhide and $69 for horsehide. The difference really becomes apparent when you start adding what you want. White Hat doesn't charge for a combat cut where Crossbreed charges $15. So for a horsehide holster with combat cut it's still $69. Also the turn around time is much better from White Hat.

I will second the Maxtuck! I use it for my full size PX4 and it is very comfortable. I ordered a belt with mine, but ordered a size too big by mistake. I was able to return it and a new one should be on the way shortly. The customer service is very good. I ordered a second Kydex for my bodyguard .380 also, but I think that was a mistake. After thinking and looking, I want the ride height and can't different for the Bodyguatd and the PX4. While it is easy to change, I think I will just get an entire new holster for any other weapons so each can be set up for quicker switches. Very high quality! I will for sure be buying more.

Look at Cleveland Holsters. Quality is better than Crossbreed and they start at 39.99.
I have one of the Cleveland and a Crossbreed. The Cleveland fit's better and has more cant adjustment points.

IWB Ugly Holsters

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back