Massachusetts LTC - Been 10 weeks since applying

mrob1980

Just wondering how long some of you other Ma. residents have been waiting ? I was told two weeks ago that I was approved and should be 1-2 more weeks...hoping soon .

Just wondering how long some of you other Ma. residents have been waiting ? I was told two weeks ago that I was approved and should be 1-2 more weeks...hoping soon .

It would be helpful if we knew what town you were in, that makes all the difference.

Yeah, you shouldn't have a problem. Someone I know in Kingston took about 12 weeks to get theirs, the process is definitely delayed with the increase applications.

at least you don't have the same police chief as they did a few years back...was a female who did not want to give out LTC's.... even to people who were in their 60's and had had one for most of their life.... as I said...she is no longer there...pretty sure it was kingston....on another note...I am in hingham, green town, know the sgt. in charge of licensing....check was cashed 3/21... applied 3/1.....hoping I hear soon....hearing you applied jan. and just got it makes me think it will be the end of the summer before I see it....:fie: anyone have words of encouragement ????

Friend of mine in Dracut applied for his MA LTC back in March. I didn't ask him if his check was cashed or not, but he is still waiting. He actually went down to the station and asked about the delay and was told by the girl, they work on applications only 2x a week.
How long is this suppose to take?? Any other info is appreciated. I told my friend I would ask for him on USA carry.

Friend of mine in Dracut applied for his MA LTC back in March. I didn't ask him if his check was cashed or not, but he is still waiting. He actually went down to the station and asked about the delay and was told by the girl, they work on applications only 2x a week.
How long is this suppose to take?? Any other info is appreciated. I told my friend I would ask for him on USA carry.

By law they have 40 days to issue or deny the permit, but Dracut is a red town so I'm sure they could give a crap less. Since it's been longer than 40 he could assume denied and bring them to court, but may or may not be worth it for him. He'll most likely wind up with a T&H restriction anyways.

By law they have 40 days to issue or deny the permit, but Dracut is a red town so I'm sure they could give a crap less. Since it's been longer than 40 he could assume denied and bring them to court, but may or may not be worth it for him. He'll most likely wind up with a T&H restriction anyways.

What's "T&H"?

Both my and my wife's LTC-A took 128 days from when we applied for the prints&interview at out local PO (a green town, too). Biggest delay is the state wait, for the most part, it appears.

"T&H" means target and hunting. If you have this restriction you can only carry at the range or while hunting. The only licence that lets you carry concealed is a class A, restrictions "NONE"

I hear the norm is 4 months for first timers. My brother in law just renewed his in Middleton - 3 Weeks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back