~Man shoots himself in the leg at gun show~

how too?

Very easy if you carry W/O a holster. The trigger needs VERY LITTLE pressure to fire on SA. If you cock it DO not PUSH IT INTO YOUR PANTS. Most DA guns take more pressure to snag the trigger then fire. It sounds like this guy got his training from a comic book.

I know this was a negligent discharge, but, it sounds like the rule itself was partially the problem. The guy wouldn't even had to touch his carry weapon if that rule didnt exist. Would he have shot himself next time he tried to load it at home? Probably.

My take on gun show rules...all weapons should be unloaded unless it is your concealed carry weapon. And if it's concealed, it never becomes un-concealed. Which means no trying on holsters, etc.

If he shoots himself in the parking lot just reloading, I darn sure don't want him around me inside with it loaded! The rule is for everyone's safety, not just his convenience. Little commonn sense is called for here.

seems to me the headline should be "Man shoots himself in parking lot"....did he tell the newspaper that he was at the gun show? Maybe he just got there and was unloading his weapon to go in, but he wasn't "at a gunshow" when he shot himself....

How many on this forum have had an ND? Is this like with motorcycles, there's only two types, ones that HAVE hit the pavement, and ones that WILL hit the pavement?
J

If he shoots himself in the parking lot just reloading, I darn sure don't want him around me inside with it loaded! The rule is for everyone's safety, not just his convenience. Little commonn sense is called for here.

watch out now...you're gonna get folks in here claiming you're brainwashed for thinking someone else is looking out for people's safety.

How many on this forum have had an ND? Is this like with motorcycles, there's only two types, ones that HAVE hit the pavement, and ones that WILL hit the pavement?
J
Rule 1. Treat the gun as if it were loaded. Never point it at anything you do not want to kill or destroy.
Rule 2. See Rule 1.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back