~Man shoots himself in the leg at gun show~

Wanna bet he was shoving it in his waistband Mexican carry
2vvl4xx_th.jpg

That's probably why there are no criminals at gun shows - they are afraid of getting shot by an accidental discharge in the parking lot
:laugh:

Wanna bet he was shoving it in his waistband Mexican carry
2vvl4xx_th.jpg

Guess that's the reason here in Mi. we have to unload & secure weapons at gun shows.

he was reloading in the parking lot...

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a Georgia man is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the leg at a Savannah gun show.

Police say 26-year-old Charles Lake was leaving the gun show at the Savannah Civic Center around 5:10 p.m. Sunday when he discharged a round into his leg while re-loading his pistol.

Savannah-Chatham police spokesman Julian Miller says Lake bought the pistol at the gun show on Saturday and had returned Sunday to purchase another gun. Police say he was re-loading the pistol in the parking lot because loaded guns weren't allowed inside the gun show.

The Savannah Morning News reports (Link Removed) Lake was taken to Memorial University Medical Center with an injury not considered life-threatening. No other injuries were reported.

Savannah-Chatham police are investigating the incident.

It happens once or twice a year here in Florida - usually in the parking lot since all firearms need to be unloaded and zip-tied inside the show. Idiots like this are why such rules are in place.

It happens once or twice a year here in Florida - usually in the parking lot since all firearms need to be unloaded and zip-tied inside the show. Idiots like this are why such rules are in place.
I know this was a negligent discharge, but, it sounds like the rule itself was partially the problem. The guy wouldn't even had to touch his carry weapon if that rule didnt exist. Would he have shot himself next time he tried to load it at home? Probably.

My take on gun show rules...all weapons should be unloaded unless it is your concealed carry weapon. And if it's concealed, it never becomes un-concealed. Which means no trying on holsters, etc.

he was reloading in the parking lot...

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a Georgia man is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the leg at a Savannah gun show.

Police say 26-year-old Charles Lake was leaving the gun show at the Savannah Civic Center around 5:10 p.m. Sunday when he discharged a round into his leg while re-loading his pistol.

Savannah-Chatham police spokesman Julian Miller says Lake bought the pistol at the gun show on Saturday and had returned Sunday to purchase another gun. Police say he was re-loading the pistol in the parking lot because loaded guns weren't allowed inside the gun show.

The Savannah Morning News reports (Link Removed) Lake was taken to Memorial University Medical Center with an injury not considered life-threatening. No other injuries were reported.

Savannah-Chatham police are investigating the incident.

Please explain to me how you shoot yourself in the leg by loading a pistol.

Please explain to me how you shoot yourself in the leg by loading a pistol.

could have been a lie to the cops since he was bright enough to shoot himself in the first place. improper handling regardless of if it was reloading or horseplay w/ his new gun.

I know this was a negligent discharge, but, it sounds like the rule itself was partially the problem. The guy wouldn't even had to touch his carry weapon if that rule didnt exist. Would he have shot himself next time he tried to load it at home? Probably.

My take on gun show rules...all weapons should be unloaded unless it is your concealed carry weapon. And if it's concealed, it never becomes un-concealed. Which means no trying on holsters, etc.

I agree partly. The problem is the idiots. Remember - you can't fix stupid. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile....and somebody gets shot. I've worked gun shows for a friend on mine and the level of idiocy is extremely high and these people that shoot themselves are living proof. There are people who'd say "Oh it won't hurt this one time if I take my CC out and try it in this holster...." and the next thing you know - BANG! And now it's in an extremely crowded (i.e. "target-rich") enviornment instead of a parking lot.

I know I'd never try such a thing and I doubt if you would either but it's not you or me that I'm worried about. It's the countless fools out there that scare me.

2aiomyh_th.jpg
you hurt my feelings my not to bright comrade

Reality is a ***** to those like you who hide from it.

My apologies to the Outlaw for mucking up this thread but when you're dealing with a juvenile who has the mentality of an elementary school child like SGB does these things can happen.

Here we go again, the old Massachusetts make stuff up and claim victory. Obama Luvs you
mtlcsy_th.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back