magpul add-ons?

Horkos

Im gonna tack on some magpul stuff on my S&W M&P 15 but cant decide if I should go with the dark earth or stay with black. Everybody and their mom seems to be going with the dark earth. I plan on swapping out the stock handguard and attaching their angled forward grip, adding some extra mags, the funny looking shoulder stock and magpul BUS front & back. The plan is to keep it simple yet distinct. Opinions please...

There's two ways to look at this - you need specific colors to camouflage this weapon due to your use - work, hunting, whatever. If this is a case, it's a no brainer - pick what fits your AO and move on.

The second reason to do this is that you want make your gun pretty or to fit a certain look, or whatever. In that case pick what you like and go to town.

One of my ARs I hunt with, so it's got FDE furniture and it's been kryloned to add in darker browns and foliage green. The others aren't used for hunting and they all stayed black just because it was easier and I didn't care what they looked like. YMMV

I think I've decided though that I'm going to spray paint all my new guns (once I know they work), since it seems to preclude them from the whole "If you want another gun, you have to sell one first" that my wife usually tries on me... =)

I love the Magpul add on stuff... I chose the Flat Dark Earth color after having the rifle in all black furniture for some time. The color grew on me. The pictures have most of the stuff, I've since added the trigger guard in FDE and the B.A.D. lever...

Link Removed

Link Removed

The AR in my Sig Pic is the same rifle when it first came to me...

Too much stuff

keep it "clean", light and ready to go.Just my opinion but the wires make it look like a toaster.Which end is scoped? Just my opinion.

All of the gear I added was chosen for weight (lack of) and the ability to take it off quickly. The beauty of the Magpul gear is the light weight and strength... The optic is a 0 parallax red/green dot. The light and bi-pod are rail mounted and are added only when needed... They were added for the picture. The hand guard has rail sections attached at 2, 6, and 10 o'clock to facilitate this... Make it your own... I did.. Just my opinion...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back