Made my first holster yesterday.

walther380

I was wanting to buy a supertuck holster but right now I can't swing the $100 for one. I thought I would make my own. I thought it turned out pretty good for my first holster. Only cost me $34 and I can make 2 more!!

Link Removed

Where do you live? I don't have a connection to a glock 22 though. My buddy has a 26 & 27. I don't know if they are the same as yours. Not a glock expert. It took me about 45 minutes to do. I'd say $45 + hardware. The belt loops are $2 and the screws are $3.50

Where did you get the plastic mold that the pistol slides into? I too can not spend $100 on one and really like the idea of making my own.

It's Kydex, the same thing the pros use. Its only $4 a 12" X 12" sheet. Heat it up in the oven then lay it over the gun and presto you have a half done holster. I made a vacuum box to help suck the plastic around the gun. Then I used a heat gun to get the hard to get areas.

Just need to be good with your hands. Wear gloves the stuff gets hot!!! learned that quick.

@Cathyinblue. The "black leather" is a plastic called Kydex. You stick it in the oven at 400 degrees for a bit. Let it melt, you'll see it start to sag, this is good. Using good gloves, take it and lay it over your gun and press it down. I used a small heat gun to get the tighter areas and for adjusting the grip to the gun. I made a vacuum box to help form it but your best tool is your fingers and a heat gun. Dont be scared if it doesn't look right the first time. If you dont like it then put the Kydex back in the oven on an old cookie sheet and it will flatten out again and you can start over.

Here is a new pic. I work for a jewelry engraving company and I run two lasers there. I burnt my name into it. Looks like an iron brand.

Link Removed

I was wanting to buy a supertuck holster but right now I can't swing the $100 for one. I thought I would make my own. I thought it turned out pretty good for my first holster. Only cost me $34 and I can make 2 more!!

One more thing, don't kick yourself for not wanting to waste $100 and wait forever for a CBST, don't get me wrong, I do own one and it's a great holster but not worth the money or the weight. I've bought 2 Kholsters since and thats the way to go, or your way. There's a lot of "others" making hybrids now and they all seem to be of good quality. There are handmade holsters out there that ARE worth the wait and money. But I don't think ST's are one of them IMO but thats just me, Id rather spend half the money, half the wait and "tweak" it myself to be exactly what I want. There's something to be said for doing it yourself. Or in my case doing some if it myself :biggrin:

@ Boris: I ran out of guns to make holsters for, so when I get another I will do a video or picture tutorial. I could just make another for the same gun.

@snatale: You are absolutely right about the crossbreeds. The one my buddy bought is really nice but I really cant see why it takes 8 weeks to get one or why it costs $100. It takes me 30-45 minutes to make one myself and I dont have any fancy tools.

Thanks to walther380, I made my first holster today. I used plastic instead of Kydex because my local source charges way to much, and I didn't want to wait a week for the Kydex to be shipped. I will replace the plastic with Kydex next week, but this will do for now. It works great! It almost feels like I'm not carrying.

Thanks again walther380, you rock!!!

100_0696.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back