M&P Shield

vernsimpson

Today I got a new M&P Shield. Tried it out & do believe I am in love! I wanted to get something that was a little better for carry during the summer.

Nice. :)

I looked high and low for one of those around the beginning of the year. But now, after enjoying my SR9C so much... I think I'm going to stick mostly with Ruger. (at least for now.)

I've been seeing Shields available around here now for a few months. I've been tempted to pick one up, but the next gun is my wife's choice. She recently got her CCW and has yet to pick an EDC gun.

The Shield is one of the ones on the list that I think she should try. The feedback that I've heard about them has been overwhelmingly positive.

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M&P Shield

I love my Shield in 9mm and with the trigger pull and trigger safetyI usually carry with the safety off.

I like my G23 for winter carry because here in MN people wear many layers of cloths! I wanted something that would stop a BG and not just make him mad. But in summer it is harder to keep from printing.

I got an email from GunsAmerica saying that Springfield Armory had arranged with the range to try out their Springfield XDS in 9mm. You got 20 rounds, target, range time and to try out the Range Officer, XD-S 3.3" or XD-S 4" for $10. I did shot the XD-S 3.3" and did like it. But decided to swap my Kahr CW 40 for the M&P 9 Shield with safety. I did not like the CW 40 because I could NOT get use to the looong trigger. I was having to many shots going into the nether land. I was afraid to carry it because if I ever had to use it i would most likely hit everything BUT the BG!

I wanted the Shield with safety in case I ever wanted to pocket carry with a pocket holster. Also I believe that my wife MAY like it if she would ever have to use it!

So far I am very happy with it! Should be fun to break it in!

I got mine Friday and went to the range on Monday and put 300 rounds through it. Brass, aluminum and steel cased rounds. Speer and Harnady defense rounds, no problems at all. I used Winchester, Federal, ZQ, Independence, American Eagle and Wolf. Shot it all.
It's shooting a little left, so I have to drift the front sight over a bit to bring it into center target. There is no safety on this gun and very little recoil. Needless to say, I am very happy with this new 9mm gun.
Link Removed

I had the choice of safety or no safety and I chose no safety because I thought I MAY want to pocket carry. Presently I only carry the shield in a holster and safety off. As stated before I have a Glock and do not want to have to THINK what I am carrying on my hip! But if I wanted to pocket carry, I have the safety.

I DO like the Shield a lot! But I also like my Glock! Hey, lets be honest! I love ALL my guns! I had a Kahr CW 40 and I hated it because I could NOT get use to the the trigger! I traded it for the Shield!

I took my Shield 9mm out for a walk tonight, we had church tonight so I put it in my all Kydex Stay Holster tonight I also have a Alien Gears shell for it and I just love how this carry.

I got mine Friday and went to the range on Monday and put 300 rounds through it. Brass, aluminum and steel cased rounds. Speer and Harnady defense rounds, no problems at all. I used Winchester, Federal, ZQ, Independence, American Eagle and Wolf. Shot it all.
It's shooting a little left, so I have to drift the front sight over a bit to bring it into center target. There is no safety on this gun and very little recoil. Needless to say, I am very happy with this new 9mm gun.
Link Removed

Wow, this is good to hear I'm running as my HP 147gr +P HST LE.

I bought an NS M&P Shield back in July(?) prior I avoided striker fired pistols like the plague. I was impressed enough that I switched my allegiance strictly to the S&W M&P. I now carry and M&P9 for day to day and the Shield when I need a pocket gun.
The only thing I would have changed was to make the Shield a double stack that would accept the full sized magazine but since the whole idea is concealment that is by no means a deal breaker

Eidolon, your wish has already been granted. The M&P 9c is the equivalent to a double stack Shield. Same height and length, just a quarter inch wider than the Shield, plus uses the full size mags. You can even get slide on pieces that fill in the grip. I traded my shield for the 9c and almost doubled my rounds for only an added a quarter inch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using USA Carry mobile app

Eidolon, your wish has already been granted. The M&P 9c is the equivalent to a double stack Shield. Same height and length, just a quarter inch wider than the Shield, plus uses the full size mags. You can even get slide on pieces that fill in the grip. I traded my shield for the 9c and almost doubled my rounds for only an added a quarter inch.

No, they're not even close to the same. The 9c has a stumpy little grip that makes my hand feel cramped just trying to hold it.

With the shorter mags, they are the same length. Circumference is going to be bigger, but you have to put the evtra bullets somewhere. With the full size mag it gives the 9c a full size grip. Harder to conceal, but super easy to shoot.

With the shorter mags, they are the same length. Circumference is going to be bigger, but you have to put the evtra bullets somewhere. With the full size mag it gives the 9c a full size grip. Harder to conceal, but super easy to shoot.

JMO but the "C" models are the worst of both worlds. They're just a little big to be truly concealable and just a little small to be truly comfortable in your hands. The grip on the 9C might be just as long as the one on the Shield but it doesn't fit my hand nearly as well.

And I traded my shield for it for the same reason: fit my hand better, not much harder to carryn plus more rounds to boor. That's why they make both.

This sight has lots of people with different ideas of witch gun is best,I'm glad you found what you like and what works for you. I like a mid size 1911 because thats what works for me. Practice as much as you can and never forget to be safe in your gun handeling, good luck and be safe.

I made a trip to Fort Knox,and picked up two pistols and order one more.One of them is my new S&W M&P 40 Cal. Shield.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back