M&P Shield - IWB Hoster Recommendations?

wbdzynr

I recently (aka "finally") got my M&P Shield 9mm. Now I'm looking for a holster for it. This will actually be my first holster for concealed carry so I'm at a loss for what to look for. While I'm particularly looking for feedback from other M&P Shield owners, all feedback is welcome.

Anyone used a Versacarry before? Just saw it in a recent magazine, and they looked interesting.

Again, I appreciate your feedback!

Todd

I would recommend a Crossbreed Super Tuck or Mini Tuck. I have a Super Tuck for my Kimber 1911 and will be getting a Mini Tuck for my Shield as soon as I get it.

I do have the Versacarry and love it for what it is, an inexpensive and minimalist holster that is easily concealable. My Crossbreed Qwikclip (better for appendix carry than miniclip) might be more comfortable for all day use but I tend to use my Versacarry about half the time, more for short trips out and back home.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I carry the M&P Shield 9mm and use an IWB holster made by Tommy Theis. It's very comfortable and the weapon virtually disappears at the 4-5 o'clock position. Check it out at Theis Holsters on the web.

I carry an M&P 40c using the Galco Triton Kydex holster. I just started carrying last December and so far this is the only holster I use for CCW. It's a good every day holster for me.

I just received my S&W M&P 9mm Shield Holster from Hidden Hybrid Holsters. This is a high quality holster. Suede backing. A nice professional stitch along the perimeter. Adjustable tension kydex mold. Cant adjustable as well. Works for IWB and OWB. The comfort level is awesome. Reasonable price. I researched alot of holsters and I'm glad I decided on this one. The only downside is the 6 week turnaround time. They are in high demand right now.

HHH C1

I got one like this for my Sig 250c & Sig 2022 & I love them. They take a couple of weeks of break in before you can use it, but for the quality and how long it will last it's worth it. Herre's the link Link Removed

IWB holster for Shield

I got one like this for my Sig 250c & Sig 2022 & I love them. They take a couple of weeks of break in before you can use it, but for the quality and how long it will last it's worth it. Herre's the link Link Removed

I highly recommend the Remora holsters. I have a Kimber pro CDP II which weighs 2 lbs 3 ounces loaded and the holster stays in place wonderfully even inside the elastic waistband of my slippery polyester athletic pants with only a draw string to hold them up. The holster is extremely comfortable and is waterproof. I use the full sweat shield option and it works beyond my greatest expectations.

Todd,
Any updates here? What did you choose? How is it working out? I'm on a waiting list myself trying to decide on a holster.

comp-tac.com has several IWB holsters, both kydex and kydex-leather hybirds. I use their MTAC for a Kahr and for a XDm. The kydex half-shell on the hybirds can be purchased separately (unlike most other makers), so if you decide to switch to a different carry gun you don't have to buy a whole new hoslter. I don't work for them, just a satisfied customer.

Todd,
Any updates here? What did you choose? How is it working out? I'm on a waiting list myself trying to decide on a holster.

I was actually having a hard time deciding so I went with a VersaCarry. It works well, but I want to try a few others. Was looking at the Remora but might also look at the MTAC mentioned. A friend told me that he has a box full of holsters while trying to decide. I'm hoping to avoid that!

Todd

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back