M&P Shield as First Gun

mwhals

I have been looking at my first gun all wrong in that I think I should start out at 9 mm and move up to higher caliber. I think the M&P 9mm Shield would be a great first gun. I could get used to it and then start carrying it. I could then move up to the .40 M&P Shield and I believe it would operate the same and fit the same holster. That would allow me to move up while maintains what I learned with recoil being the only difference.

Give me more time and I may change again, LOL. Very tough decision for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Honestly I think the 9mm Shield is an ideal 1st carry gun for someone new to the lifestyle. It's a good size all things considered, it's reliable, and solid quality with a good lifetime warranty from Smith and Wesson

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I have carried the M&P Shield in 9mm for over a year. Easy to conceal IWB or OWB. Comfortable to carry all day. Fun to shoot and extremely reliable. Haven't had a failure or malfunction yet. Go for it.

The Shield is a great gun, period! The small mag is perfect for concealed carry and the 8rd is nice at the range. Why do you feel you would need to "move up" to .40? I've owned .40's and don't care for them at all. There more money to feed and I don't like the snappyness of them (I do like .45 though, different feel). There is NOTHING wrong with 9mm in a good defensive round. Don't play into the whole bigger is better crap. I wouldn't advise carrying anything smaller than .380 but aside from that your good. You'll hear people go on and on about speed and ballistics and blah blah blah, because they somehow forget that human beings are soft and you won't be shooting at a brick wall or an armored surface in a self defense situation. Buy a good hollow point and practice! My daily carry is between my Shield 9mm and my Bodyguard .380 (when at work) and I don't feel under gunned at all.

snatale42 is right, I carry an M&P 40c, and truthfully it not really any better than a 9, in fact I'm looking for a pocket 9 for the summer months.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

The shield is a great gun in either caliber, it depends on what you want to shoot. Find a range that has gun rentals and try out both of them and you decide. That is what I did and personally I chose the 40. I have both the full size and shield. Great guns, you decide.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back