m&p or 1911

Vietnam, and 27 years on the streets of Cleveland as a police officer isn't blowing smoke.

Vietnam, and 27 years on the streets of Cleveland as a police officer isn't blowing smoke.

Yeah, it is.

You stated, authoritatively, that 9mm round were designed (created W/ the deliberate intent) to wound. W/ not one shred of evidence to back that statement up other than “I said so.”

You didn’t appeal to Jane’s , You didn’t cite “Handguns of the World” Not even the FBI study on handgun stopping power. Just “ I said so”

And you’re surprised that some one called you on it?

C'mon man

There is enough out there on the net, magazines, and library. One could even go as far as to see how the .45 acp round came into being, and why. Then do the same with the 9mm. A person could also look into the reasons why the FBI "really" went away from the 9mm for the 10mm and .40 S & W. I just used my real life expierences. Using the .38 special, .357 magnum, 9mm, .40 S&W, and the .45acp daily on my hip. In my life I have trained hundreds(both LEO and civilians) how to defend themselves. When you're a retired old fart, you tend not to jump at petty "prove it" statements, to people I dont know. Let alone refer to me as "C'mon Man" or use phrases like "blowing smoke". Because this is a discussion page, not a John Carroll University chemistry class. I chose to leave it to simple expierenced back observations. Most don't seek the mundane. They want simple. Your page says "...Flip 'em the bird and die lie a Viking..." A 9mm can definately help acheive that. I know that from personal expierence, Notifing next of kin for an officer because his 9mm didn't even phase a person strung out on PCP. I know exactly what I am talking about...... as for "blowing smoke" That phrase was derived from blowing smoke off a .45 Colt round off a "peace maker."

Everyone has to get the whole "1911" thing out of their system if they do not own one, a quality one, not a $400 one. I've alway's been partial to Springfield TRP Ops and the MC Operator, for quality reasons over the Kimber II series.

Once they fire it and it starts to be a safe queen then they'll wind up with an H&K or a Glock for a daily carry piece. The M&P is a fine pistol, from what I've heard and read. It would most likely get my vote for a carry gun.

Funny, I just picked up an H&K P30L. It won't run worth ****. :fie:

As for the whole ".40 cal vs 9mm Luger FBI" thing ? Way over rated as to why they developed the .40 Smith. They needed to have agents actually trained with their sidearms and possibly with carbine rifles. I find the .40 Smith to be only a marginally better performer than 9mm Luger. It's kind of a fatherless child, if you get my drift.

There is enough out there on the net, magazines, and library. One could even go as far as to see how the .45 acp round came into being, and why. Then do the same with the 9mm. A person could also look into the reasons why the FBI "really" went away from the 9mm for the 10mm and .40 S & W. I just used my real life expierences. Using the .38 special, .357 magnum, 9mm, .40 S&W, and the .45acp daily on my hip. In my life I have trained hundreds(both LEO and civilians) how to defend themselves. When you're a retired old fart, you tend not to jump at petty "prove it" statements, to people I dont know. Let alone refer to me as "C'mon Man" or use phrases like "blowing smoke". Because this is a discussion page, not a John Carroll University chemistry class. I chose to leave it to simple expierenced back observations. Most don't seek the mundane. They want simple. Your page says "...Flip 'em the bird and die lie a Viking..." A 9mm can definately help acheive that. I know that from personal expierence, Notifing next of kin for an officer because his 9mm didn't even phase a person strung out on PCP. I know exactly what I am talking about...... as for "blowing smoke" That phrase was derived from blowing smoke off a .45 Colt round off a "peace maker."

PCP ? Really, people still use that stuff ? I thought that was a drug that drifted out of favor for Meth ? Or is this just another one of the stories that makes it's rounds on the gun boards about drug induced perps who fail to notice they have been shot ??

Too many factors involved to give anecdotal evidence for or agains't any caliber of centerfire pistol ammunition. Why is it then that most GSW's that arrive at an ER are of the smaller caliber centerfire and rimfire cartridges that the perp or victim is generally DOA, or shortly there after in an ER ?? I've got some thoughts on the matter, but to any seasoned, skilled, marksman those thoughts should be obvious. Ya think ?

I find your posts to be a bit annoying, honestly.

I've known and do know many LEO/SWAT/SRT types that are retired. Most are not ready to involve themselves in such matters. They are seasoned professionals with little to say involving gun fights. Quite Professionals, which you are not.

I have both 1911s and a S&W M&P Pro (.40) and it is "apples and oranges" Get what feels best and you shoot best. The 9mm can be used in USPSA ONLY in Production without losing points. The 1911 will work in Limited 10 and Single Stack. I hope you are thinking of roundnose for the Kimber or you would not used the word RELIABLE in the same sentence.

If you go 1911 as many have mentioned there are good ones for less money: New Ruger, Para G.I, and others that have some upgrades. Some manufacterers make lighter weight frames for easier carry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back