Louisiana Concealed Carry

2afreedom

Recently moved from Florida to Louisiana. I have the Concealed Carry Permit from Florida but am being told that since I am now a Louisiana resident that permit is no longer valid. I’m told that even though I am a Veteran I must still take a class and my DD214 doesn’t exempt me. Anyone have information on that.

You should be exempt from all fees if you are getting a license. Here's a few links:

(2) A veteran of the armed forces of the United States shall be exempt from all fees associated with the five-year permit or lifetime concealed carry permit.
(3) For the purposes of this Subsection, "veteran" shall mean any honorably discharged veteran of the armed forces of the United States including reserve components of the armed forces, the Army National Guard, the Air National Guard, the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, and any other category of persons designated by the president in time of war or emergency.

There's also permitless carry for Veterants:

M. The provisions of Paragraph (A)(1) of this Section shall not apply to a resident of Louisiana if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The person is twenty-one years of age or older.
(2) The person is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under R.S. 14:95.1, R.S. 40:1379.3(C)(5) through (17), 18 U.S.C. 922(g), or any other state or federal law.
(3)(a) The person is a reserve or active-duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces; a member of the Louisiana National Guard or the Louisiana Air National Guard; or a former member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the Louisiana National Guard, or the Louisiana Air National Guard who has been honorably discharged from service.
(b) At all times that a person is in possession of a concealed handgun pursuant to R.S. 40:1379.3(B)(2), that person shall have on his person proof that he meets the qualifications of Subparagraph (a) of this Paragraph demonstrated by one of the following:
(i) A valid military identification card.
(ii) A valid driver's license issued by the state of Louisiana displaying the word "Veteran" pursuant to R.S. 32:412(K).
(iii) A valid special identification card issued by the state of Louisiana displaying the word "Veteran" pursuant to R.S. 40:1321(K).
(iv) For a member released from service who does not qualify to have the word "Veteran" displayed on a state issued driver's license or special identification card, a Department of Defense Form 214 (DD-214) indicating the character of service as "Honorable" or "Under Honorable Conditions (General)" and a valid driver's license or special identification card issued by the state of Louisiana.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back