Looking for OWB holster

Rsb1970

Does anyone know where I can find a owb holster for a s&w shield that has clips instead of belt loops. I don't wear a belt and I don't like the paddle holsters either. Thanks.

Sounds to me like it is time for you to start wearing a belt... I dont know of any particular holster like you are asking about, but I do know they exist. However, not wearing a belt and also wanting to hang a firearm on your pants will very quickly convince you that you need to wear a belt....

Here are some holsters you may like.

S&W Shield

I have dealt with these people and get good product, good price and quick delivery.

Does anyone know of any holsters that are made like the Minotaur gladiator holster that has belt snaps instead of loop. Thanks

Sounds to me like it is time for you to start wearing a belt... I dont know of any particular holster like you are asking about, but I do know they exist. However, not wearing a belt and also wanting to hang a firearm on your pants will very quickly convince you that you need to wear a belt....

I am with Axeanda45 on this one, a belt is your friend. In a defensive situation you want to get a good firm one hand grip ASAP. I teach my clients that when doing step 1 of the draw they push their hand down hard on the gun, as if they are going to push their pants down, ensuring their hand rides all the way up the backstrap. No belt could cause a problem, but then again there is that ol' saying that nobody wants to fight a nekked guy, so it might work out just fine.

Ok. I know I need to start wearing a belt. So I'm looking for a holster that has snaps so I don't have to take belt off if I go somewhere I can't take my gun.

Do you want to conceal it as an owb ?

You can but some iwb and wear it between your belt and pants too if you want it off your skin.

Some belt clips meant for iwb can be used as owb, but i don't think the longevity would be good...

What's your beef with paddles?

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

I really don't have a problem with with paddle holsters. The only ones I have seen are the ones in stores. I tried them on but didn't like it. I'm looking for my first holster. I don't really have a lot of money to spend on holsters that I don't like. I have worn the gladiator and sort of liked it. So I'm looking for other holsters like it.

Link Removed
I picked this one up for my 1911. It's a leather lined hybrid with suede backing on the skin side for comfort. Has clips which you could mount reversed to carry as you first suggested (though I recommend against it for secure reasons). Very comfortable barely noticeable, slim enough you can wear it between belt and pants owb as well. They limit production monthly to ensure quicker delivery, got mine in two weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back