Looking for entry level concealed carry pistol?

That's an excellent suggestion. CZ-USA has great customer service too. I bought two poly RAMI's several years ago and one had major, irreparable issues. The gunsmith at CZ didn't hesitate to give me an authorization to send it in, and they paid for an overnight shipping label. About 30 hours after I shipped it, the smitty was calling me to say that the piece was indeed beyond repair and told me to pick any handgun in their line as a replacement. Since I had already bought leather and extra mags for the RAMI, I decided to get the alloy version for a replacement, and I still carry it more than any other weapon I own. My alloy model was back here one week to the day after I'd shipped the defective one. The "good" poly one is my wife's, and she's put at least 1,000 rounds through it without issue.

Even if you don't go with the suggestion jg offered unioncreek, one way to acquire the best possible weapon for a price you can afford is to scour the used and/or surplus markets. Take a gander at Armslist.com or Gunbroker.com, the former being a sales site, and the latter being an auction site. Armslist is a good way to go to find local deals that won't require transfers and exorbitant shipping charges to get your weapon.

Blues

Thanks for the heads up on the customer service ... all I have done so far is shoot the snot out of mine with cheapest steel ammo on the market with zero problems. It's made for that which is nice. And as an all steel gun with a straight blowback it's built solid and shoots real easy. ;-)

I recently got a Walther PPS but mine is in .40 cal and I absolutely LOVE it. Shoots great and is very comfortable in the hand. Walther knows how to make a great feeling and ergonomic gun. The only issue is even in the 9mm the biggest mag they have is 8 round. But they do normally come with 2 mags. One would be 8 round and the other would be 7.

You owe it to yourself to give Bersa Thunder 9mm Ultra Compact Pro a chance. To me: it is ergonomically a perfect fit, absolutely reliable, and terrific customer service (never had to use it), and the price is right.

You owe it to yourself to give Bersa Thunder 9mm Ultra Compact Pro a chance. To me: it is ergonomically a perfect fit, absolutely reliable, and terrific customer service (never had to use it), and the price is right.

HA! I almost said something earlier about Bersa, but thought to myself, "Nah, Uncle Al will be along shortly to deliver that advice." LOL Glad I didn't steal your umm....thunder! HA!

Blues

Go to the range and rent various weapons. Find the weapon and caliber that is comfortable for you to shoot. You need to also consider comfort of carry and concealability. You might have buyer's remorse if you let money totally make the decision for you.

I have both the 9mm and .40 cal model of the PPS. I realize the limited magazine capacity but I also needed a weapon that was pretty easy to conceal, comfortable to carry and shoots well.

Link Removed Link RemovedLink Removed

Ruger SR40C (9+1) and 15 round extended magazine as spare. 3Speed Holster worn above belt line in either 12 O'Clock or 1 O'Clock. (Mostly 1 O'Clock). I wear this in Tee Shirt and Draw String Shorts (some times in Wranglers). I wear my rig from the time I get up, till I go to bed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back