Looking for a small carry weapon...HELP

angrypenguin

I currently have a Glock 26 but it is a tad big to me, maybe I am using the wrong holster or something but it is hard to conceal well with it inside the waist band (my preferred place to carry). I always have to put it in a pocket. I went to look at a S&W bodygaurd 380 but with it in a holster the laser kept turing on so that gun was a no go.... I really like that gun. What else is there out there in the same size as that gun that is AT LEAST a .380 semi? Top range of spending is $750ish but I don't HAVE to spend that much lol.

Anyone have the BG380 with a inside the waist band holster that got it to work????

Thanks!

I have a Kel-Tec PF-9, 9mm Luger, that is very concealable in the waistband. I also sometimes carry a Ruger LCR with Crimson Trace IWB. If you're an average-sized or larger man, both can also be carried in a pant pocket.

For situations where I need to focus on lightweight & minimal size, I opt for a Kahr CW9 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. The CW9 runs about $400 and is very reliable and enjoyable to shoot. On a personal note, 9mm is the minimum caliber that I'm willing to carry; I don't have enough confidence in the .380.

Ruger LCP is a really small concealable .380. Shoots nice with a Crimson Trace Laser sight. The Sights that come on it are quite small.

Sig Sauer p-238 works well in the pocket or iwb.Try a crossbreed holster for the Glock.IWB my Glock carries as easy as my Sig.

Welcome to USACarry!

The ruger lcp and KelTec p3at are about the same size as the S&W .380, if not a bit smaller. Most handguns seem to get a bit thicker in the 9mm caliber and above. Guns with single stack magazines tend to be thinner, at least in the .380 caliber. The Glock 26 may carry better for you with a different type of holster, but that may require some wardrobe adjustments.

As a small woman I made the decision to carry the J frame. I found the small semi-a's (the new ones) hard to chamber. In fact one of them was almost impossible for me. My S&W 38 five shot J frame is just right.

I currently have a Glock 26 but it is a tad big to me, maybe I am using the wrong holster or something but it is hard to conceal well with it inside the waist band (my preferred place to carry). I always have to put it in a pocket. I went to look at a S&W bodygaurd 380 but with it in a holster the laser kept turing on so that gun was a no go.... I really like that gun. What else is there out there in the same size as that gun that is AT LEAST a .380 semi? Top range of spending is $750ish but I don't HAVE to spend that much lol.

Anyone have the BG380 with a inside the waist band holster that got it to work????

Thanks!

Interested in selling your 26 at all? I'll offer you 400 flat for it.

Thanks!

Hi. Welcome to the site. I think this may be what you are looking for. Take a look at the Taurus 709 Slim;

Link Removed

Hi. Welcome to the site. I think this may be what you are looking for. Take a look at the Taurus 709 Slim;

Link Removed
FRIENDS DON'T LET THEIR FRIENDS CARRY TAURUS.
How many "professionals" do you see with a Taurus when they go in harms way?
Yes, they are better then a baseball bat. However, the baseball bat will always function.
IMO, Taurus products are for the shooting range. Not for self-protection.
You really want your life to depend on one? OK, be my guest, knock yourself out.
It's your arse, not mine.

I picked up the Taurus TCP in .380 a couple of weeks ago, and am very happy with it. Oh, by the way, it shoots great as well.:biggrin:

.380?

I do not want to start a caliber war here, but:
My take is a .380 is not what I want to defend myself. I think it is too small a caliber, and maybe you will too if you would visualize a 300 lb BG in the WalM parking lot that you have to deal with. I suggest the .380 would only make him mad (remember 300 lbs and 3 feet thick)
I alternate a Glock 23 (.40) with 180g Win Ranger SXT HP and G30sf (.45) with 230g Win Ranger SXT HP

I do not want to start a caliber war here, but:
My take is a .380 is not what I want to defend myself. I think it is too small a caliber, and maybe you will too if you would visualize a 300 lb BG in the WalM parking lot that you have to deal with. I suggest the .380 would only make him mad (remember 300 lbs and 3 feet thick)
I alternate a Glock 23 (.40) with 180g Win Ranger SXT HP and G30sf (.45) with 230g Win Ranger SXT HP

I don't think getting shot makes someone mad. I think it makes them dead.

I don't think getting shot makes someone mad. I think it makes them dead.
Sometimes I carry a Beretta Bobcat in .22LR. If I have to use it, I am aiming to invoke as much pain as possible. All I want is for the bad guy to leave me alone. Regarding the projectiles I am using, I am using the ones that hurt.

Oh, I forgot, I am supposed to carry the largest caliber I can comfortably shoot. Or, never carry anything that does not start with the number 4.

One more thing. If the perp is 300 pounds plus, I am sure I can out run him. I won't even have to pull my GAT out.:biggrin:

Sometimes I carry a Beretta Bobcat in .22LR. If I have to use it, I am aiming to invoke as much pain as possible. All I want is for the bad guy to leave me alone. Regarding the projectiles I am using, I am using the ones that hurt.

Oh, I forgot, I am supposed to carry the largest caliber I can comfortably shoot. Or, never carry anything that does not start with the number 4.

One more thing. If the perp is 300 pounds plus, I am sure I can out run him. I won't even have to pull my GAT out.:biggrin:

Read the ICEMAN confessions of a Mafia Hitman. It profiles Richard Kuklinski, probably the scariest man on the face of the earth. Most every contract he filled (over 209) was carried out with a .22 rifle.

Can't go wrong with a KAHR. Several models. I have the PM9 which is the most expensive and smallest, but the P or CW series are also quite small and less $$. I carry my PM9 everywhere in a CB minituck IWB holster. Very well made guns. Also avail in .40 and .45 Cal.:pleasantry:

Ruger LCP is a really small concealable .380. Shoots nice with a Crimson Trace Laser sight. The Sights that come on it are quite small.

I'm with you on that! I love my LCP. I have a Galco front pocket holster that fits the CT laser, and a modified Uncle Mikes #1, which is my favorite because of the grippy stuff on the outside. I've put over 600 rounds through her and had one FTE on the very first trip to the range. Shot #3? Never a jam or anything else since then. My model number starts with 373 (April '10). I use the impactguns.com 7+1 mag extender and a Hogue carry All Jr.
Tony

FRIENDS DON'T LET THEIR FRIENDS CARRY TAURUS.
How many "professionals" do you see with a Taurus when they go in harms way?
Yes, they are better then a baseball bat. However, the baseball bat will always function.
IMO, Taurus products are for the shooting range. Not for self-protection.
You really want your life to depend on one? OK, be my guest, knock yourself out.
It's your arse, not mine.

I hate Taurus!! Have had and heard nothing good. Their 9MM started screwing up and not hitting the primer hard enough two weeks after I bought it new. I don't want to send guns back, i want to carry and use them.
Tony

Several factors could be involved in your problem with concealing. The type or brand of holster, where you are carrying it, and what you are wearing when you carry. That 26 should be pretty easy to conceal provided you have the correct type of holster and it fits your body type. The old saying, " dressing around the gun" is an important, if not the most important part of concealing your gun well. Do some experimenting before you get rid of a perfectly good carry gun. One more thing, most people have no idea you are carrying and the only one that may notice you is another carrier, if anyone at all.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back