lock your doors

Glad everything turned out OK!
My next door neighbor got home last week and noticed the back door open. He thought his wife had not closed it all the way and that the wind had blown it open, so he closed it behind him, only to walk in on two intruder's one man and one woman, unhooking the TV in the living room. They ran for the front door, but he was able to tackle the woman in the front yard as the man jumped the fence in the front yard and elbowed and a**holed on down the road. Turned out thet were two methheads out for an easy steal to score some meth from a scumbag we've complained continually about up the road. Took the police 35 minutes to respond to his call after he got the woman tied up. He then spent another four hours at the hospital getting cleaned and checked for any meth contamination from the witch he caught. He's also been notified now that the methhead woman is going to try and sue him for sexual harrassment. Our local Barney's, who counldn't find their rear ends with both hands, are still looking for the male methhead, almost a week later now, since the woman won't give his name up yet - plea deal isn't good enough for her yet. This will be her third time in court on meth charges, but she'll probably walk on a lesser plea like she apparently did the first two times. To say the least, my neighbor is POed big time, and his wife is staying with her mother this week in another town nearby.

Link Removed

I know exactly how they feel. Be careful, they'll call you a liar. :lol:

The safe room concept is a great one. Unfortunately, it isn't always applicable. I have 2 stories/split floor plan. At any given time during awake hours, I'd have to go secure my children. When we're in bed, I'd definitely have to roam about the house just to secure my little ones.

Safe room concept is great for those who can afford expensive renovations to their house.

Safe room concept is great for those who can afford expensive renovations to their house.
The safe room is accomplished with a handfull of 4" swcrews, a cell phone and a door bar (master lock makes one for $25). Replace the hinge and strike-plate screws on a bedroom door with 4" screws. Put them into the studs. Keep the door bar behind the door. The door can be closed and blocked. Practice the drill. Have the cell phone and firearm in the safe-room. In fact, change all the screws on all entrance doors to 4" and get deadbolts. If he got in you failed.

The safe room is accomplished with a handfull of 4" swcrews, a cell phone and a door bar (master lock makes one for $25). Replace the hinge and strike-plate screws on a bedroom door with 4" screws. Put them into the studs. Keep the door bar behind the door. The door can be closed and blocked. Practice the drill. Have the cell phone and firearm in the safe-room. In fact, change all the screws on all entrance doors to 4" and get deadbolts. If he got in you failed.

Arming your 4yo with a kabar and going into ninja mode makes for a better story though.

While that works well for the majority of Americans, just remember that there are a few million of us where it is not practical.

Example: where I am (Wal-Mart is the only grocery store within 30 miles and the closest big box hardware store is 140 miles away) - many people have 1-5 miles between neighbors and town (at 3500 people, our county seat is considered sizable) is 15-35 miles away.

Unfortunately, there is no "one size fits all" plan (now if only our politicians could understand that).

Ooops, missed getting the quote: Oh well, mainly dealt with the excellent advise from the N.Y. instructor -- but, reminding that not everything that works there works everywhere.

Here a really good paying job is $12/hr --- but, the average house in town is only $40-65K (or rent for $300-500/mo), security can cut into that real fast.

My neighbor had to go to Court this morning, but things turned out alright for him. The Judge threw out the sexual harassment charge that the methhead woman tried to file against him. Since she still won't give up the name of the male methhead that was with her, the Judge rejected her lawyer's motion for letting her go with no bail, or letting her go for time already served, and the Prosecutor withdrew a plea agreement that had been offered to her that would have given her probation / home incarceration for 18 months since she isn't cooperating. The Prosecutor moved for a felony charge of Breaking and Entering, and being a Persistent Felony Offender, which will be this looser's third felony if convicted. Judge is taking it into consideration until her next hearing. All of her family was there, and her mother made quite a show of crying in the Courtroom, and then wailing rather loudly outside the Courtroom. Someone in her family verbally blasted my neighbor for the way he treated her outside the Courtroom as well, to wit he responded "She picked the wrong house to break into this time!" He has also installed a Home Security System at his wife's insistence. I and the other two neighbors near their house are keeping a close neighborhood watch going during the day in case something should happen around the house while they are at work during the day. We all do this in the neighborhood for each other anyway, but things are a bit escalated right now.

Link Removed When Guns Are Outlawed, I'll Be An Outlaw!

Thankfully you and your children are safe. One mistake though. Always call the police.

It doesn't matter at that point, what they can do to help you. You're safe at that point. It's about alerting law enforcement of a potential threat to the safety of your neighbors & community.

Yeah, I agree but it good that everybody were safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back