Link to Pennsylvania Uniform Firearm Act

longslide10

If ya need some info on gun laws, carry laws and self defense laws here is a link--a ton of info:

Link Removed

I couldn't find anything about force of law on "no guns" signs but Handgun Law US now states they are not sure whereas at one point they said the signs have no force of law. I believe the signs still have no force but if anyone can say for sure I would like to know.

Here is an attorney's take on it, fast-forward to post #216... Are contrary views of Open Carry Verbooten on PAFOA - Page 11

Here is the trespassing statute he is referring to... Link Removed

§ 3503. Criminal trespass. (a) Buildings and occupied structures.-- (1) A person commits an offense if, knowing that he is not licensed or privileged to do so, he: (i) enters, gains entry by subterfuge or surreptitiously remains in any building or occupied structure or separately secured or occupied portion thereof; or (ii) breaks into any building or occupied structure or separately secured or occupied portion thereof. (2) An offense under paragraph (1)(i) is a felony of the third degree, and an offense under paragraph (1)(ii) is a felony of the second degree. (3) As used in this subsection: "Breaks into." To gain entry by force, breaking, intimidation, unauthorized opening of locks, or through an opening not designed for human access. (b) Defiant trespasser.-- (1) A person commits an offense if, knowing that he is not licensed or privileged to do so, he enters or remains in any place as to which notice against trespass is given by: (i) actual communication to the actor; (ii) posting in a manner prescribed by law or reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders;

Found it... here is another thread about signs, with participation from Gary, owner/operator of handgunlaw...

No gun sign

This may be the discussion that prompted the change? I guess only Gary could say for sure.

Basically it's business as usual for me then. I will keep carrying where ever I can and if I happen to enter an establishment that posts a "no guns" or "no weapons" sign then oh well. I can't say there are many around here but if I am found out and asked to leave I will comply.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back