Lexington Gun Show (02-19-11 & 02-20-11)

TangoDown

The major Lexington sun shows coming on on us very quickly on Feb. 19th & 20th. This is looking to be the ONLY major gun show in Kentucky this year according to the site. :(

For this not familiar with this, it will be held at Heritage Hall of Lexington Center, (430 W. Vine St.). This is on the opposite side if Rupp Arena (Triangle Park side).

A friend of mine from the Open Carry forum that's championing the Constitutional Carry bill & the Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act (KFFA) that's going before the Kentucky Legislature will be there to help educate fellow Kentuckians about their Rights and these issues. Everyone that reads this, please come out the the show, enjoy some time looking at the beautiful weapons, bring your children and share a bonding adventure that is the heart of the American way of life!

Map to site: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?addres...on&state=KY&zipcode=40507-1617&cid=lfmaplink2

Last edited:
Police galore!

Did anyone here make it to the gun show in Lexington on the 19th? We had TONS of LEO's present at Rupp today! I know that there was a freaking UK game today as well, I wished they'd schedule these gun shows when UK's NOT playing! In the past, when both events fell on the same day, we NEVER had the Metro's out in force as they were today. Anyone know why there was half the force out there? *LOL* We even had police dogs in the venue this time. *LOL* I have to say it was definitely interesting parking on the Rupp side and walking around the building carrying a slung Colt M4, a SIG in a shoulder rig, and a SIG IWB as well. I had no problems but the expressions I get from the UK freaks just never cease to amaze me. *LMBO* :lol: I had an officer ask me about my M4 and he complimented me on it and then went back to his duties. This is how it's supposed to be! ;)

Police Galore!

Did anyone here make it to the gun show in Lexington on the 19th? We had TONS of LEO's present at Rupp today! I know that there was a freaking UK game today as well, I wished they'd schedule these gun shows when UK's NOT playing! In the past, when both events fell on the same day, we NEVER had the Metro's out in force as they were today. Anyone know why there was half the force out there? *LOL* We even had police dogs in the venue this time. *LOL* I have to say it was definitely interesting parking on the Rupp side and walking around the building carrying a slung Colt M4, a SIG in a shoulder rig, and a SIG IWB as well. I had no problems but the expressions I get from the UK freaks just never cease to amaze me. *LMBO* :lol: I had an officer ask me about my M4 and he complimented me on it and then went back to his duties. This is how it's supposed to be! ;)

You know, all the police didn't really phase me. Hell, I've been there and done that many years ago. *LOL* What did get me though was that eerie loud speaker annoucement that they kept playing over and over. It reminded me of a scene out of some modern-day film about the take over of America.

Hmmm... I was in that group of 'freaks'... you must be one of those 'normal' people from UL... :rap: :alcoholic:

No offense meant there, I'm not a sports person. *LOL* I just loathe when the gun show falls on the same day one of UK's ball games. It means that I end up having to spend $10 more for parking. *LOL* But it was kind of fun walking through all the police covering the front of the Rupp and getting to see those weird and freaked out looks from the UK fans. *LMBO* I even got to have a nice chat with one of the Metro LEO's about SIG's. :) He was very polite and obviously knew the law and never once queried me in a questioning manner about the Colt M4 or the 2 SIG's I was carrying. *LMBO*

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back