LC9 Issues?

Standby

I have a student that has an LC9 that just does not function as it should. Drops mags on its own.......does it for everyone that shoots it (it is not shooter error)...Sent the gun back. Ruger "fixed" it but......it still does the same thing.

I have had about 10 - 12 LC9 's go through my courses, no issues other than this one. Ideas?

Try either a new magazine or mag catch. They might of "fixed" the spring in the mag catch but if the issue is the mag then that won't fix it.

The only problem I have with mine is that the take-down lever is nearly impossible to work (still after several usages). Other than that it runs great.

1/17/12 purchased LC9

5/4/12 Ruger invited my LC9 for a three week vacation. After 3600 rounds fired, the slide locks open after every shot.

5/16/12 Ruger returned my LC9. It had a broken slide stop. Range trip - 100 rounds fired with no problems. Trigger seems smoother & less recoil with new 20# recoil spring I had ordered while the weapon was at Ruger.

sent from my sending device

my lc9's mag release button rusted from sweat. It would hang up some but a little tlc and clp and it seems better. I no longer let it be next to my skin on IWB carry.

Magazine issues

Hi,
I just bought an LC9 two days ago and I seem to be having magazine issues.

I was searching the Internet for some suggestions when this thread came up in Google.

Anyway, here's something I noticed about this issue. I would appreciate someone letting me know if this is the way your LC9 works or not.

1). If I make SURE my hands and fingers are clear of the magazine when I push the release button, it will pop right out every time.
However, If I obstruct the magazines path in any way, it gets really hung in there and takes some serious force to pull it out.
I have several nice bright bare metal scars on the magazine from this. If, however, when the magazine gets stuck I once again fully depress the release button, the magazine will come out easily.

2). If I press the release button with one hand and block the magazine from ejecting more than say 1/4 inch then release the magazine release button, it REALLY gets stuck in there. I then have to press and HOLD the magazine release button to re4move the magazine.

What I am wondering is if this is normal. If you press the magazine release button and block the magazine from fully ejecting, is it "normal" for it to be difficult to remove the rest of the way without pressing the release button again and holding it while you remove the magazine?

thx

No help here since my LC9 has run clean. Interested to see what the issue is. Only weapon that dropped magazines was my Kel-Tec Sub2000 and that was because of the location of the magazine release. I shoot rifles left handed and it was causing me to push the mag release everytime I pulled the trigger. I'm sure I looked like an idiot since I did it a dozen times before figuring out what was going on. I'm a slow learner.

Just bought my LC9 and shot about 100 rounds sighting in the laser. Any one have trouble with the front sights being loose. I can move mine with my fingers. I have the lasermax otherwise I wouldn't be sure after I draw the pistol if the sights are going to be right. I haven't contacted Ruger yet, just checking.

I have probably put 300 rounds through my LC9 in the last couple weeks I have had only one malfunction. Right around the 40th round the casing caught the outside of the ejector and the slide wouldn't fully close. I took it apart, cleaned it and since then I haven't had an issue. I started using it right out of the box so I just chalked it up to needing a good cleaning, seeing that who I purchased it from didn't clean it after I test fired it like they said they did. I haven't had the mag issue with this pistol but I would assume that the mag itself might be damaged...

Just bought my LC9 and shot about 100 rounds sighting in the laser. Any one have trouble with the front sights being loose. I can move mine with my fingers. I have the lasermax otherwise I wouldn't be sure after I draw the pistol if the sights are going to be right. I haven't contacted Ruger yet, just checking.

Mines dead locked tight. No movement whatsoever. The serial number could give you an indication of whether or not yours was made before or after a factory fix

I have probably put 300 rounds through my LC9 in the last couple weeks I have had only one malfunction. Right around the 40th round the casing caught the outside of the ejector and the slide wouldn't fully close. I took it apart, cleaned it and since then I haven't had an issue. I started using it right out of the box so I just chalked it up to needing a good cleaning, seeing that who I purchased it from didn't clean it after I test fired it like they said they did. I haven't had the mag issue with this pistol but I would assume that the mag itself might be damaged...

While the issue I was having initially with the magazine catching hasn't exactly resolved itself, it is not really an issue. All I have to do is make sure that when I push the mag release button, I am not obstructing the magazine at all. It ALWAYS pops out cleean if I do that.

You can always find the silver lining in any cloud. In this case, it could actually save my life in a LOD situation since if I inadvertently in the heat and tension of the moment press the mag release button accidentally, there's a very good chance mine will not fall out and therefore leave me fumbling on the ground looking for it while my advisory continues to fire while Im distracted. Instead, it will only lightly bump my hand but stay in the gun and all I would have to do is slap it back in quickly.

Although MUCH better to get used to the weapon and not let that happen I'll add.

hey new to the forum and had been looking at the LC9 at my local dealer, i noticed after I seated the mag that the whole weapon seemed to rattle when shaken, and this is a brand new weapon. Was this an anamoly or is this the norm for this weapon? Really liked the size and the way it fit the hand as a pointer type shooter.

galapagos '''Anyway, here's something I noticed about this issue. I would appreciate someone letting me know if this is the way your LC9 works or not.''
i don't have an lc9
but i'm hoping to get one someday
in that give away
but my browning bda
works the same way
:secret:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members