Lawmakers facing recall bids over strict gun laws in Colorado

From the article:

"I live here. I'm for gun control," Muri said. "I don't care for guns, period, so they don't speak for all of us when they say Morse didn't listen to the people."

Read more: Lawmakers facing recall bids over strict gun laws in Colorado | Fox News

This is what gets me. There are all kinds of things I don't like that people have. Fart can on import cars. Houses painted yellow. Baggy gang bangin' clothing. People riding bicycles on two lane country roads. But I don't clamor for "more control" or "bans". If someone "doesn't care for guns", then don't F#@KING buy one and shut the hell up. I just cannot get my head wrapped around how these people think.

From the article:

"I live here. I'm for gun control," Muri said. "I don't care for guns, period, so they don't speak for all of us when they say Morse didn't listen to the people."

Read more: Lawmakers facing recall bids over strict gun laws in Colorado | Fox News

This is what gets me. There are all kinds of things I don't like that people have. Fart can on import cars. Houses painted yellow. Baggy gang bangin' clothing. People riding bicycles on two lane country roads. But I don't clamor for "more control" or "bans". If someone "doesn't care for guns", then don't F#@KING buy one and shut the hell up. I just cannot get my hear wrapped around how these people think.

That makes two of us.

Cnon

"The targeted lawmakers weren't necessarily the main advocates for ratcheting back gun rights, but all come from districts with enough Republicans to give opponents hope they can boot out the Democrats and replace them with lawmakers friendlier to guns." That's crap as John Morse circumvented the normal legislative process to ram the bill through. That's why he is being recalled. And the other three lied about never infringing on the 2A, then infringed. There are consequences for acting like rulers instead of public servants elected to do the will of the people.

A Democratic campaign office here usually would be quiet this time of year, a few weeks after the state's legislature wrapped up work and lawmakers headed off to summer vacations.

But even though it's not an election year, the office is in full campaign mode, with volunteers working the phones and reviewing maps in anticipation of a new front of modern campaigning -- the recall phase.

A handful of Democratic state lawmakers in Colorado face recall petition efforts in what looks to be the first wave of fallout over legislative votes to limit gun rights. In an era in which recall efforts are booming, from governor's offices down to town councils and school boards, the Colorado efforts will serve as the first test of gun-rights groups' ability to punish elected officials who expanded gun control laws after last year's Aurora, Colo., and Newtown, Conn., shooting massacres.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the article:

This is what gets me. There are all kinds of things I don't like that people have. Fart can on import cars. Houses painted yellow. Baggy gang bangin' clothing. People riding bicycles on two lane country roads. But I don't clamor for "more control" or "bans". If someone "doesn't care for guns", then don't F#@KING buy one and shut the hell up. I just cannot get my head wrapped around how these people think.
This is so typical of liberal ideology. If they don't like something than nobody should like it. You see it all the time. Pick your subject, Constitution, religion, environment, politics, education, health care....liberals are always on the correct side of any issue, in their opinion. The rest of us are expected to COMPROMISE and agree with them. End of subject.

They should be forced into a 2 year re-education camp on the US Constitution and bill of rights and be stripped of senate and house tenure, pay and benefits for 1yr.

From the article:

Thats the whole problem right there. They don't think, it's all about how they feel about guns. It's not rational thought.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back