kydex holsters

Raider-3

There is kydex, another is raven concealment. I'm sure there are others also. Does anyone have any experience with these? I know good holsters are not cheap. For the $40 to $100 they range from, is it worth waiting 3-6 months for on back order for one.

i don't know i never had a holster yet but am leaning toward the crossbreed supertuck when i get gear to carry with those leg ones also might be a thought for me as i do tend to wear long skirts alot too but i would need a smaller gun if i go that route
being the only gun i have is a heavy old browning my best holster and carry would be that supertuck i so want to get
but when i get a smaller gun i'm going to look into a thigh holster so i can carry either way i dress
all the gear is pretty expensive as even ammo these days but if you have the money to invest in a good one i'd opt for that

I own a couple of Comp-Tac Minotaur neutral cant holsters for appendix carry and find them most comfortable and affordable.

If you know that this is definitely the holster for you, that you want no other holster, and that this holster is the one that is going to make you want to carry all the time, then YES it is worth the wait. My question though is how are you going to carry in the next 3-6 months??

I have a comp-tac minataur with several mountaing bodies for different hand guns. but I am looking for a good OWB because I am not satisfied with my leather blackhawlk.

I have 3 Mackenzie Holsters 2 for me and one for the wife. We both love our holsters they have Lifetime warranty and sell for half the price as other big name high $$$$ stuff from others and the quality is 2nd to none very good quality. I would say better than most of the competitors. Check them out Link Removed They have been getting a lot of good reviews as well as they should be. Small business one man show great to deal with also.

Honestly if your carrying a lcp the fobus paddle holster for like 17$ plus shipping on amazon ... I love mine it's awesome you can't go wrong with that

I owned a Raven Concealment Phantom holster, it was very nice and only took 6 weeks to receive it. Paying 100.00 for it and their Pancake belt loops was a tough decision, but I don't regret it at all. Upon receiving the holster, my friend and I thought, hey, we can make these. After doing quite a bit of research and finding PhillyEDC's Youtube.com channel, we have since been making Kydex holsters ourselves, in the hopes of duplicating the Raven success here in Albuquerque, NM. There is quite alot of effort involved and we're only charging 60.00 for our holsters as of right now. I subsequently sold my Raven holster in favor of wearing one that I made, thinking I can't sell our holsters if I'm wearing a Raven. If Raven is what you have your heart set on, you will not be diappointed at all. Also check out phlster.com, he's the guy off the PhillyEDC Youtube channel and sells custom Kydex holsters as well. His are excellent as well and a little cheaper.

Here is a pic of my previously mentioned Arm-A-Dillo:

arm-a-dillo_g19.jpg

Honestly if your carrying a lcp the fobus paddle holster for like 17$ plus shipping on amazon ... I love mine it's awesome you can't go wrong with that
I agree. Additionally, you can use a Blackhawk #1 for those times when you need front pocket carry for the LCP.

Check out Multiholster.com some of the best kydex holsters made imho.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

There are numerous makers for hybrid Kydex holsters, just need to look real close and pick the one that has the features you like the most. I prefer the metal type clips over the plastic ones that some are using, but thats my personal choice. One thing I will add, the key to a comfortable and usable IWB holster is a GOOD belt. I kept putting off spending 50.00+ for a belt but finally gave in and bought one. Wish I had done this several years ago. Major difference over standard leather belts. No more having to pull my pants up every few minutes, they stay in place now. I highly recommend to not scrimp on the belt and buy a quality belt designed for holster use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back